Have that stack of 1 x 6 Ash...decided to build a tool chest.....Hauled 4 planks to the shop...cut the worst of the planks out...
August Project, scraps, cut-offs,junk.JPG
Not much I can do with these...maybe burn them? Wound up with 6 boards...1 x 6 x 24"

Needed one good straight edge..
August Project, need a good, straight edge.JPG
Rune the "best" edge along the rip fence, set to just skim off the worst of the wavy edges....marked THAT edge with an "X"...
August Project, straight edges marked.JPG
Then reset the fence about 2 blade thicknesses closer to the blade...
August Project, 2nd straight edge ripped.JPG
And that is supposed to give me parallel edges that are basically straight...in theory...decided 3 board panel would be a bit too wide....rip the worst off 2 planks, and now they are just filler strips..
August Project, add a filler strip 1.JPG
Then set up to use a jointer..
August Project, first edge jointed.JPG
We will be making gap free glue joints, today..( I hope...)
August Project, no gaps.JPG
Checking for gaps....there is no glue, nor clamps used...yet...hauled panel #1 over to the tablesaw..
August Project, panel #1 glued up.JPG
Glue rubbed on the joints, 3 pipe clamps, and cauls on the ends....let this sit right there....

Rinse and repeat...got panel #2 ready to glue up...decided THAT can wait a day.....

These will be the sides on the tool chest.....unsure about drawer sizes, or how many....and...what sort of lid I will use...have 2 cardboard boxes sitting on an old Coffee Table....that need to be put away.....will sort through both, and see what can head for the shop....

Stay tuned....at least this is a start...