Thread: Thoughts on a Blower

Thoughts on a Blower

So I got fed up with lifting my PantoRouter off the floor to use, so I decided to make a small cart, with single drawer storage and utilize the lower section as air filtration for general purpose.

I bought a 110v 450cfm blower ($130) and installed it with the exhaust blowing out the bottom.

I think I have the blower spinning the right way, but it feels awfully wimpy.

The filters are 20"x20"x1" Merv-13.

I have room to possibly put another one of these blowers in the lower section, but I think a $20 box fan would have more CFM air flow.

The support legs as just screwed in place, so I could adjust/modify the base pretty easily.

Thoughts, thanks.

As viewed in this picture, the fan spins counter clockwise.
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 07-25-2021 at 12:45 PM.

That's a lot of area for that blower to move air through. It would take a lot bigger blower to get that "sucky" feeling. Still, air will be moving through the filters and leaving dust behind.

Blog Entries
    The air is moving. It is just moving easily. This could be to your advantage over time. My 20x20x1 filters (2) need cleaning about every 30 days of activity. Give it a month or two and see if the filters are dirty. If they are, your doing something.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler