Thread: Shop Downtime?

Shop Downtime?

Can't get any more lumber until next Monday...so, shop has "chores" to do...
    Shop Downtime, new sanding supplies.JPG
    Not only a new sanding belt...the platten for the disc was removed, cleaned down to bare metal...and a new sanding disc installed. Table was reset to 90 degrees to the disc.

Shop Downtime, wheels dressed.JPG
    The shop's 6" grinder had both wheels dressed...
    Shop Downtime, dust storm.JPG
    Had a dust storm in the shop....(cough, cough) from taking an air hose to the insides of the bandsaw....
    Shop Downtime, saw cleaned out.JPG
    Then the old DULL blade was removed ( teeth were black, as in burnt black) and a brand new 1/4" blade was installed, and the guides aligned better..put the cover back in place.

"New Sander" was given a test drive.....warning: you WILL need ear plugs....LOUD....Set the box on the bench..
    Shop Downtime, case work.JPG
    A tool that is younger than me? By 4 years?
    Shop Downtime, paper installed.JPG
    Will have to learn how to tear 1/3 sheets....needs a screwdriver to install the sandpaper.
    Shop Downtime, new saws.JPG
    Got the latest 2 saw all cleaned up, and ready to go....

Still putting tools away....to get the shop ready for the next Project...what ever it may be.....undecided, right now..
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

Steven,

Looks like you had a really good day of needed maintenance.

Stew

Well...in addition to blowing the belt on the clothes dryer.....later that same day, I also blew the belt on the Disc/belt sander.....Will be getting a new dryer next weekend...decided to try these belts out for the sander
    Wrong belt, too long.JPG
    Usual luck....this belt(s) were too long, by about an inch.....took these back to Lowes this morning...replacement set is a bit shorter...almost too short....$4.82.....I can adjust the drive pulley a bit.....system used cogged belts, Sears isn't around to supply a new belt. Gears/cogs are worn away, anyway...,

Lumber supply for August....
    Lumber supply, for August.JPG
    There are 12 boards in that stack.....long are just over 6'...two shorties are at 3' long......about 24 bft of Ash, altogether....spent $20.

Pulleys were reworked....
    Wrong belt, resized pulleys.JPG
    Replacement belt is almost too tight....spin the pulleys against a rasp to resize them down a bit....and smooth things out....

Also was making a few shavings....
    Making shavings.JPG
    Trying to seeIF this Millers Falls No. 9, type 4 will need a sharpening...

Well, IF the Dungeon Creek doesn't rise, today ( Thunderstorm in the area) I have a pair of panels to make...need them for the sides of a new Tool Chest....Might get 2 planks to the shop...crosscut and joint...and glue up the panels.....Have an old Walnut Coffee Table to use as a base for it....debate right now is in how wide the panels need to be....

Means I'll need to clear off the bench....again...
    August Lumber Supply, the stack.JPG
    Maybe a couple of those 50" 1 x 6s in the back of the stack?
    August Lumber Supply, grain details.JPG
    Might work towards a bookmatch?

We'll see....

One of the problems with the WR#62....iron's edge is getting chewed up...about time for a sharpening....

Sitting around this week...waiting on a new clothes dryer to finally get delivered....and the old broken one hauled away.....THEN I get to hook the thing up.

Then....maybe a run to get a bit of Plywood? Need to try a glue-up....this week?
    August Project, case dry fit.JPG
    Dry fitting all off the milled parts....so far, so good....

Dryers have been switched out, they hauled the old one away...I get to install the new dryer. power cord is installed, vent hooked up....dryer moved to the spot it needs to be in...AND leveled ( front right corner needed shimmed a bit , 1/4"..)

I'm having Lunch, and letting this old body recover a bit....before any more gets done IN the shop, today. Test drive in about an hour, once the washing machine gets done...

Stay tuned..

And...the NEW Dryer...
    The New Dryer.JPG
    On about it's 4th load right now...Vent hooked up, power cord installed and plugged in...1/4 plywood scrap on the floor to level it up. Can barely hear it run, too....Brand name? LG...since my son was the one doing the buying, HE did the picking out....