Thread: Same old Sirius

Blog Entries

Same old Sirius

They sent me a bill for $240 for the year, I told them $60 for the year and they said OK, only took five minutes as I've learned over several years to get right to the point
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    I got tired of playing that game with them and dropped the service. So far I don't miss it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

$240? Have they forgotten people have CD and Bluetooth in their cars.

Blog Entries
    My vehicle came with Sirus trial package. It may have been hit once by accident. My iPod has an FM transmitter and a more enjoyable music selection.

They keep sending me emails wanting me to pay $5/month.

Money not spent is money saved.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    I feel that a business that is willing to charge me $2400 for something they will immediately drop to $600 to be no better than a thief. They are literally (yes literally) telling me that they are willing to take me for five times what I should pay. I understand what a salesman's job is and it isn't that. I have a long list of folks I do not choose do business with and it has not effected me at all. *** rant off ***
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It's not just Sirus, but any subscription service. Every time Direct TV raises my rates, I contact them and tell what's the latest offer from Dish Network, which we receive monthly. Paying less for both TV and internet than I was five years ago by doing this.

I only stream stuff now and just pay for internet.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

P-O-D-C-A-S-T-S

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Well Sirius is the dog star. I would expect the company to be a dog.
    Bill D

I have it mostly for talk radio. I’d say 90/10 talk/ music. I find what little local talk radio there is to be extremely underwhelming. Xm Political talk and npr hit the spot for me. I just jump through the 20 min hoop every year and end up getting it for $60/yr about, which Is a value I can justify. Don’t feel id pay $100/yr for it.
    I don’t really love that I’m paying Sterns big contract, but whatever.

use to play the direct tv game but with streaming pay $20 month and no pay per tv fees.