Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Ford Maverick mini truck

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    There are a number of people who have commented that the bed is not big enough. Isn't that kind of the point of this pickup is that it has a small bed?
    That would be my contention, too. There are a lot of folks who would enjoy a compact pickup with a small bed just for utility. They are not looking for or interested in a "work truck". This is just like there are a lot of folks who want and buy small SUVs/CUVs. Their "hauling" heeds are more modest but the like the format. It's nice to have choices!
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 07-26-2021 at 10:34 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What happened to the little Indian made van/pickup that was going to run on compressed air? I think it was Ta Ta motors who bought Land Rover or some such.
    Bill D

https://www.torquenews.com/1080/what...air-car-anyway
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 07-26-2021 at 7:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    this is all well and good, but um...has anyone tried to buy a vehicle recently?
    Tried to buy a 2021 Honda Ridgeline at my stone's throw away dealer but said he had zero inventory until June/July (this was in April).

Found another dealer 10 miles away who had stock online. Got there and nope, real inventory didn't remotely match online and they had only 1 Ridgeline and it was a dealer demo with 400 miles on it--they had just gotten it in the previous night. Dealer said Ridgelines don't hang around long.
    It was the wrong color (black...I wanted white) and it was the wrong trim level (Sport...I wanted Black Edition...3 levels above Sport) so I basically got the opposite of what I really wanted but I kinda needed it.
    I like it but I miss all the bells and whistles I usually have. I'll drive it for a year or two when things settle down and then attempt to get exactly what I want.

That said, I sold my 2006, 110k miles, Double-Cab, Long-Bed Tacoma with horrible peeling clear coat but immaculate interior for 15k to a dealer. I posted it on Craigslist and had it sold in just under 2 hours! Paid 33k new in 2006. Amazing.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

This is close to my experience. We bought a vehicle in a different color and with a slightly different set of packages than intended, but the lease was up on the old car. I could have extended that, but it was now out of warranty, and needed a set of tires, new inspection, reg, all that, and who knows what else out of warranty. Might as well spend that cash on new. The dealers have everyone over a barrel and they know it. I really want to see a year from now when all the people are irritated at how they were treated by dealers come back for a vehicle and lots are stuffed.

I could sell our other car for near what I paid for it. The offers are pretty tempting. If we replace the other car, it would be for the electric F-150, which I have zero confidence they'll build or deliver on the timescale they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Tried to buy a 2021 Honda Ridgeline at my stone's throw away dealer but said he had zero inventory until June/July (this was in April).

Found another dealer 10 miles away who had stock online. Got there and nope, real inventory didn't remotely match online and they had only 1 Ridgeline and it was a dealer demo with 400 miles on it--they had just gotten it in the previous night. Dealer said Ridgelines don't hang around long.
    It was the wrong color (black...I wanted white) and it was the wrong trim level (Sport...I wanted Black Edition...3 levels above Sport) so I basically got the opposite of what I really wanted but I kinda needed it.
    I like it but I miss all the bells and whistles I usually have. I'll drive it for a year or two when things settle down and then attempt to get exactly what I want.

That said, I sold my 2006, 110k miles, Double-Cab, Long-Bed Tacoma with horrible peeling clear coat but immaculate interior for 15k to a dealer. I posted it on Craigslist and had it sold in just under 2 hours! Paid 33k new in 2006. Amazing.