Thread: Vectric 11 (Aspire/VCarve/etc) now available

Exclamation Vectric 11 (Aspire/VCarve/etc) now available

Just sharing the good news (from my perspective) - some nice new features:

https://www.vectric.com/upgrade (this link isn't version specific, might change over time, but for now it's sharing the V11 features)

no financial relationship w/ Vectric besides being a happy paying customer

I was just about to post this...thanks for beating me to it!

V11 has some very nice enhancements, some of which I'm looking forward to. I'll be getting my upgrade in about a week or so after a particular personal event happens.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The improved machining times on 3d objects and the multiple sheet options sold me on it.

Yes, those improved machining features are very attractive. Pocketing is similarly enhanced. I still wish they would get something akin to "adaptive pocketing"...maybe next release. Or the one after. Or...well...maybe....
    --

Someone said the upgrade price is $175.00 this year. That's a long way from their usual $400.00 annual upgrades.

well. its $400 but they do give ya some 3d buying options....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Someone said the upgrade price is $175.00 this year. That's a long way from their usual $400.00 annual upgrades.
    The upgrade for Aspire (any version) to Aspire v11 is $400 if it's been more than one year since the previous upgrade or initial purchase. I believe that the upgrade cost for VCarve Pro is $175, however.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-23-2021 at 5:12 PM.
    --

Jim: I believe that you will find that the upgrade price kicks in at 3 months if your last purchase was an upgrade and not an initial purchase. So, if you upgraded to 10.5 from a previous version more than 3 months ago, you pay for the upgrade to 11. If you bought a full 10.5, then you have a year of free upgrade time.

We upgraded from 9.5 to 10.5 a little over 4 months ago, and we are not eligible for the free upgrade to 11. We need to pay again.

If we pay again, then we get one year of "updates" for free. That is 11 to 11.1, etc., but not 11 to 12.

We confirmed all this with Vectric when 11 was released. Our mistake was going from 9.5 to 10.5 so late in the cycle. We could have waited 4 months and gone from 9.5 to 11 for the same cost.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Thanks for the clarification, Grant. As always, there are nuances. And unfortunately, we cannot always anticipate in advance "when" a new major release will happen.
    --

our own fault

You're right, Jim. We were late to the game going to 10. It's still frustrating to know that, had we waited a few months, we could have gone to 11 for the same cost. It's not a huge cost, but these days, every little bit counts.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I started right when they brought out Version 1 still have the cd had to wait for it to ship so they sent me a download for Vcarve until I got my copy. Great company