Thread: Big Timber

Big Timber

I've been watching this show on Netflix about a small logging and custom sawmill operation on the west coast of Vancouver Island, B.C. It reminds me of the Stamper clan in Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion and the lines,

The great Northwest,
    where the grass is green and the sky is blue,
    where the trees and the men grow tall and true,
    where a man can be as big and important as he feels it is in himself to be

Anyone with an interest in the region, logging, milling and MacGyvering will likely find this show interesting. The narration is a bit hokey but the people and the business are fascinating. The mill owner has a logging claim high up near Mt. Klitsa with difficult access, steep slopes, huge trees and beat-up equipment. Check it out.
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 07-22-2021 at 11:34 AM.

We get it locally and if I remember, it's called "Timber Kings".
    Interesting show.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    I've been watching this show on Netflix about a small logging and custom sawmill operation on the west coast of Vancouver Island, B.C. It reminds me of the Stamper clan in Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion and the lines,

The great Northwest,
    where the grass is green and the sky is blue,
    where the trees and the men grow tall and true,
    where a man can be as big and important as he feels it is in himself to be

Anyone with an interest in the region, logging, milling and MacGyvering will likely find this show interesting. The narration is a bit hokey but the people and the business are fascinating. The mill owner has a logging claim high up near Mt. Klitsa with difficult access, steep slopes, huge trees and beat-up equipment. Check it out.

I had the same thought about it when I watched the first episode. Reminded me of Kesey's book and the very same quote. Cool series and a great book.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.