Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon's New Dispute Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    My experience was around five years ago. Nothing even left the warehouse for three to five days. I don't think it was coincidence that thousands of other people were reporting the same experience with Amazon at the time. I have had Prime through a household account for four or five years now so I haven't tested a non-Prime order recently.

It only makes sense that Amazon would slow down non-Prime orders. Why would anyone pay for Prime if you could get the same level of service without Prime?
    Well, it's not exactly the same level of service - my short delivery times are not "guaranteed," and I have to meet some minimum order size ($25, I think) to qualify for free "standard" delivery.

I've always assumed that Prime membership was for people who, for whatever reason, want to be able to place frequent small orders on short notice. This is not me. I rarely order anything from Amazon that is time-sensitive, and if I'm ordering something that comes in under the $25 limit, I rarely have a hard time finding a paperback book or two to get me over the minimum.

I have occasionally placed orders that don't ship until a few days after the order is placed. I think these are usually items that are being shipped by a third party seller, as opposed to stuff shipping from an Amazon warehouse.

And of course, if Amazon really wanted to be mercenary, they'd ship non-Prime items immediately (because that's when they charge my credit card) and let them sit someplace in-transit, before delivery.
    Last edited by Gary Ragatz; 07-23-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Prime gives you access to more than just 2 day shipping (when they had it).

Amazon, 421 orders placed in 2020, 243 so far in 2021, nearly all 2 day or less, plus we use Amazon Prime streaming. I never buy anything that's not covered by Prime shipping.

I'm also a bit of a stock holder which is up 166% since I bought it.

Plus all my purchases donate a small amount to St Jude's.

I mostly use Prime to order stuff I need pretty quickly, but that I can't buy locally, or the local supplier is a two hour round trip (If they have it.).

I have the Prime video channel set up on my Roku, but most of the movies I would like to watch like Speed or Fast and Furious are not Prime eligible. I haven't actually watched anything on Prime video for a few months because I can never find anything I want to watch that is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Prime gives you access to more than just 2 day shipping (when they had it).
    I can still get plenty stuff in two days with Prime. I can also get a decent amount of stuff next day because there is a local fulfillment center. It seems crazy what I can get Prime next day. I have a fairly obscure brand of riding mower and certain parts are stocked in the local Amazon fulfillment center for next day delivery. Most of them are things you wouldn't normally replace very often.

Looks like the massive arbitration filings Amazon is dealing with stem from allegations that their devices listen to and record conversations, which users claim they were not told. So largely unrelated to other purchases from Amazon.