Thread: Proper hinge for inset door?

Proper hinge for inset door?

Wife wanted a desk to hide the auto litter box. I need to attach the door somehow and can’t figure out which hinge. If a hinge is a problem I may just add 4 magnet stops in the corners. The door is pretty light to move.

The door is inset. But, it’s also flush with the trim and NOT the 3/4” panel of the door. I bought a partial wrap barrel hinge and that won’t work because the door is about 9/16” recessed from flush in order for the trim to line up.

Would a 175 degree Blum style work? Nice with those is they it swings out and then away.

Are you saying that the final door thickness will be 1 5/16" thick?

I guess. 1-5/16 at the top and bottom where there trim is attached to the door.

I think I’m just going to use magnetic catches and magnetic pop in the center top of the door.

My real issue is the floor in the room has a massive hump in it. Giving me issues squaring the door. So I’m gonna figure that out then just use the magnet catches.

Look at any interior door in your house. They're thick -- generally 1 3/8". If your cabinet door is 1 5/16" thick where the hinges attach, use knuckle hinges just like your interior doors work.

Blog Entries
    The salice 200 series thick door hinges might work. Ive used them on 1.25" doors and I think they are rated for 35mm (1&3/8") max.

They are only 94 degree opening though.