Thread: Lasermarking anodized aluminum

Lasermarking anodized aluminum

Hi - we have some anodized aluminum to mark so we bought some of the Cermark intended for anodized aluminum - it's described as a paste but quite thin - we tried it on multiple suppliers anodized aluminum using every imaginable setting on our 80w Epilog and it has zero adhesion - called the dealer & Cermark & they said if it's not working return it - we have used regular Cermark aerosol, tape & paste products for years with zero issues - anyways if anyone has had success marking on anodized aluminum any input would be appreciated....THANKS

here is a link to cermark product page
    https://www.ferro.com/products/produ...dized-aluminum

Why are you using Cermark? Anodized aluminum will mark nicely with just the laser.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

CLEAR anodized won't mark black, it marks white, the Cermark stuff is designed for black marking (so it says)--

I know that I've never got normal Cermark (LMM-6000) to do anything on anodized, even with my 80w Triumph, but that same 80 watts will Cermark NOT anodized aluminum quite nicely.

Not sure what's going on with Ferro lately, their fantastically wonderful "Ultra" bombed for me, was a waste of MY money, and seems Sheldon struck out with this other stuff. Hope they never stop making the 6000 or I'm doomed!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I have a difficult time with lmm14 adhering to any aluminum also. I've succeeded a couple of times, but not anodized. 6000, nope.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others