Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I guess it really depends upon the specific make/model of each appliance. Unfortunately, what I'd want if we can't get gas in here, is very much back-ordered! LOL But then again, what i'd want if we do get gas in here may be in the same situation...I haven't looked.
    Well I hope your old home sells soon and you can at least order the range you want. It's a pain having to deal with all the uncertainty around lead times. OTOH, we've lived with this kitchen for all these years, another few months one way or the other is not really worth sweating.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    ....That significantly reduces the risk of damage to the new stove.
    So, you've seen me work, then? That's a good point, we could use the old one if we had to. It looks a little rough for age, but it works fine.
    Last edited by Paul F Franklin; 07-20-2021 at 9:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Well I hope your old home sells soon and you can at least order the range you want. It's a pain having to deal with all the uncertainty around lead times. OTOH, we've lived with this kitchen for all these years, another few months one way or the other is not really worth sweating.
    I'm hoping the property sells soon, too, for multiple reasons.

I got an offer today from PECO (the electricity and gas provider) to get gas installed. The upfront cost to install is great... $0. But there's a requirement that within 12 mos all the goodies I "thought I might like to run on gas" have to be installed and the offer is only good for 60 days. I'm not sure that we can reliably deal with new HVAC, water heating, propane fireplace conversion to NG, cooking and a generator in that 12 mo time frame.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I'm hoping the property sells soon, too, for multiple reasons.

I got an offer today from PECO (the electricity and gas provider) to get gas installed. The upfront cost to install is great... $0. But there's a requirement that within 12 mos all the goodies I "thought I might like to run on gas" have to be installed and the offer is only good for 60 days. I'm not sure that we can reliably deal with new HVAC, water heating, propane fireplace conversion to NG, cooking and a generator in that 12 mo time frame.
    Yeah, that's pretty big bucks to do all that in one year...what happens if you don't get it all done in a year? Plus you have to get it plumbed everywhere inside. Is gas out at the street and only needs run to the house? Might make more sense to just take the hit on installation and do the rest whenever it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty big bucks to do all that in one year...what happens if you don't get it all done in a year? Plus you have to get it plumbed everywhere inside. Is gas out at the street and only needs run to the house? Might make more sense to just take the hit on installation and do the rest whenever it makes sense.
    The offer for free installation is predicated on what they feel their cost recovery is based on the appliances expected to use gas. Yes, it's in the street. Just not in our home. Inside plumbing is relatively easy for anything that would use gas. Quite straightforward, actually. It would be as much as $5K to get installed from the street speculatively. I will be working with the resource I was provided to see what can be changed and what flexibility there is when I have the opportunity.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...