Thread: Dewalt Builders Level DW090PK

Dewalt Builders Level DW090PK

Guys I have few projects coming up which this would help make my life easier and maybe more accurate.I know water level be bout same but ideal of setting this up in middle of and taking reading and checking grade.Wondering if anyone has use these or not,they are on sale right now plus free shipping.
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 07-19-2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Add pic

Please clarify what the specific product you are asking about is...DeWalt has a bunch of different options, as to other brands.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Dang it,I put # in title.Thanks for headsup

Should work fine. I like my Builders Level, for building stuff, more than a laser. I like a laser for site work, but the optical one can see fractions between 1/16" lines on a ruler.

Take care of it, and it will last a Long time. I'm still using a David White that I bought new in 1974-still checks out dead on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic,going go for it

This does not make sense, check this out.https://www.ralenlar.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=375
    While others are selling this for 219.00 this link selling it for 59.00 Something is up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I paid about 350 for that David White 47 years ago. Money was worth a lot more then. You could buy a new car for 4k. Surprisingly, even the foam in the case is still in great shape. It never bounced around in the truck though. It went to the jobsite only when needed, then back on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll Courtney View Post
    Something is up.
    Address given in web site is in a very residential neighborhood... Red Flag #1! 177 Meadow Lane, Long Lake, MN 55356 United States

The "About Us" page is very generic, and uses fairly stilted language... Red Flag #2

I'd be very careful with your method of payment: make sure you have good protection if this is somehow fraudulent.

If it sounds too good to be true...it generally is...
    --

That seller looks scammy. About the builders level, or transit as we call them here. Yes they work fine, but it takes two people to do much with one, one that knows where to put the stick, and one who can accurately read it. If you want a tool that's far more capable, get a good laser. I like the Spectra (Trimble) lines. The receiver is accurate what makes them great. 1/16th inch accurate on the ones we use, something like 2500 ft range. Best thing, one guy can set it up where he wants and then go walking with the stick to wherever he needs a measurement. No need for a smart helper.

I have several of each, the only thing I use the transit for anymore is for long range rough layout, like when we're figuring out where a driveway is best placed on a big property, it's easy to just swing the crosshairs and follow level visually to get a rough idea of the path. That's not a very common job for my crew.

I agree with Steve's advice to consider a laser level rather than the old-school transit for the reasons he stated...especially the ability to do one-person measuring. I will likely invest in one when it's time to prepare for my shop building as I'll likely do a lot of the prep work with my Kubota. It will be useful for inside work, too. And when I no longer need it, resale on a laser will be better than a transit I suspect.
    --

A transit measures inclination angles, as well as level. A Builders level only measures level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    A transit measures inclination angles, as well as level. A Builders level only measures level.
    Good point, Tom. I had forgot that.
    --

Thanks guys,taking y’all advice going pass on that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Yep, you are right Tom.