Thread: Dodged a bullet

Dodged a bullet

Yesterday I got lazy, I made a cut on the TS that could have kicked back on me. What was needed was a custom push block, would have taken a little time and some scrap. An injury would have taken more time. Just have to be more patient.

Slow is smooth, smooth is safe.

Tom, I was dong a test cut and didn't think while I made the second cut. Whang, right into my right love handle.
    Like you, I know better.
    Think twice next time, for me.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Yesterday I got lazy, I made a cut on the TS that could have kicked back on me. What was needed was a custom push block, would have taken a little time and some scrap. An injury would have taken more time. Just have to be more patient.
    Now that the cut is complete and you are recalling the risk it is time to more fully equip your shop with push sticks and push blocks. I keep several different sized and types of push blocks near my table saw at all times when I'm cutting here are a couple of home made examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

When I first joined the San Joaquin Fine Woodworking Assn here in the central Calif valley, the first thing they gave me was a bag full of different type push sticks! I have used them ever since, one for almost any need. The established members make them for the new members. Nice safety idea and welcome touch. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)