Thread: Roma stock feeder

Roma stock feeder

Hi, I have what I believe to be a Roma feeder. No manufacturer info on it, but from the pics I’ve researched online, it’s a Roma. This feeder is very similar to the comatic dc40 in that it can swivel to 90 degrees by loosening just one bolt, very easy, and the stand is like a smart stand that can quickly return to the in place position with a quick release handle. Extremely nice feeder and stand.

I’ve tried western roller for new wheels, they have something close but not exactly what the old ones are. Anybody have a source?

Also, anybody have a manual or know what gear oil it takes?

Thanks
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt Tebo; 07-18-2021 at 4:28 PM.

Hi Matt,
    I had the same issue with my Festo feeder. They are different and smaller. Available in Europe but not here.
    I had Wood Tech Enterprises recover the originals. They did a good job and it was only about $26 per wheel

I’d like to see a picture of the stand and feeder.

No firsthand experience with that brand of feeder but could this help?

https://feedrollers.com/PowerFeedRol...edrollers.html

Regarding gear oil, I'm almost certain they all take the regular 90W stuff. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

My Comatic DC40 takes some weird stuff I'd never heard of before. It is ISO viscosity 460. Clear, thick-bodied synthetic. Had to special order on line, as local lube suppliers thought I was from Mars.

jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    I’d like to see a picture of the stand and feeder.
    Joe,

couple pics here, I don’t have a good picture of the stand but you can barely see the handle that locks the arm into quick position. The groove in the vertical column has a quick locking lever that locks into this groove.

matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a nice feeder Matt! Is that the one that came with your T23?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    Looks like a nice feeder Matt! Is that the one that came with your T23?
    Joe, yes this came off a t23. It’s a great design, not sure why other manufacturers make turning it 90 degrees so complicated after seeing this one.

I see it turns a little differently than my Festo. The Elu was probably top of the older German made feeders. Is the Roma German manufacture? I think what happened is these type feeders were very well made and heavy built and they could not compete with the simpler Italian feeders. Now the Asia made ones are killing the Italian made.

are you missing the entire wheels?

Joe,

I have the wheels. The interesting part is the wheels are actually 2 part, like 2 skinny 1" aluminum wheels, gap between them, and covered to look like one wheel. very strange setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Tebo View Post
    Joe,

I have the wheels. The interesting part is the wheels are actually 2 part, like 2 skinny 1" aluminum wheels, gap between them, and covered to look like one wheel. very strange setup.

That double wheel set up was pretty standard on Euro feeders and a neat idea. You could remove one and get the feeder closer to the cutter. Western Roller, Axiom, a few other suppliers will still recover them. Dave