Thread: drawer slide recommendation?

drawer slide recommendation?

Building a dresser for me grandson. I plan on using drawer slides. Looking for recommendations. Drawers will will be flush close 27"wide 18" length 6" tall (depth). Soft close would be nice but cost is a factor.

Blog Entries
    Blum appears to be a popular option.
    I have never used them but decided to buy the Grass Dynapros for a vanity build with a lot of drawers. The Grass slides are very good in my opinion. No issues with then and they work very smoothly with a nice soft close feature.

I used Grass on a recent project. They are now my go to for drawer slides.

I have used Blum for years. They offer an almost unlimited range of options/features.

If cost is a factor just use the standard Blum slides they last forever.

I used "ProMark" on a kitchen job I did recently that had a strict budget. I was very pleased. For an "inexpensive" slide, they compared very favorably to the KV's I usually use. Amazon has them in different configurations.

There’s two kinds of drawer slides in common use: undermount, and sidemount. Side mounts are less expensive, but are visible when the drawer is opened. Undermount are more expensive, but are not visible when the drawer is opened. Nearly all undermount come with soft close. Some side mounts can be had with soft close, but I’ve had reliability problems with them, and will not use them in the future.
    Accuride and KV are well-regarded sidemounts. Blum, Grass, and Hettich are well-regarded undermount. Blum undermount have been my usual slides for twenty years. But lately I’ve been having trouble buying them - Covid supply chain issues.