Thread: Uploaded images reduced

Uploaded images reduced

When uploading images, how can I avoid them being reduced to a measly 60-70kb? Thumbnail size? I'd like to be able to have an image much larger in the post.

Here's how they show up when uploaded, using a 7.8mb .jpg

Also, how can I upload more than one at a time?

I uploaded two. One shows in the post body and one shows as an attachment...I'm not sure why.

_MG_0741 edit 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jonathan Jung; 07-15-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Jonathan,

Your pictures came through at 1200x1800 and 1200x971. (They show up as thumbnails in the message but expand to full size when you click on them.)

I think you can upload up to 8 photos in one message but you have to do it one at a time, using the Insert Image button.
    post_photos.jpg

If you use this button the photo should show up where you have the cursor at the time. You can cut and past the attachment code to move the photo to somewhere else in the message.

If images show up as attachments and you want them inline instead, you can delete the attachments in the "Manage Attachments" option (scroll down in the Advanced mode). If you upload an inline photo then delete it, it will still show up as an attachment unless you delete the attachment too.

If you want the image to show up large in the message without someone having to click on it, you can put it on some web site and reference it with the URL. This is mildly discouraged since if that web page goes away the message is compromised.

Another way to make an image appear larger is to upload it to a photo album here and reference that instead of an external web site. I did that for this, including the thumbnail - click on the thumbnail to view:

BOC_C_Jack_01_IMG_6687.jpg

Using thumbnails in a message instead of larger photos may be kinder to those readers that have a limited internet bandwidth. They can click to see the full image if desired. The forum software also automatically reduces the size of the uploaded image to something easily viewable on a typical computer display.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Jung View Post
    When uploading images, how can I avoid them being reduced to a measly 60-70kb? Thumbnail size? I'd like to be able to have an image much larger in the post.

Here's how they show up when uploaded, using a 7.8mb .jpg

Also, how can I upload more than one at a time?

I uploaded two. One shows in the post body and one shows as an attachment...I'm not sure why.

_MG_0741 edit 2.jpg