Thread: Epilog Legend 24TT Display Failure

Epilog Legend 24TT Display Failure

Has anyone had this happen? First I had one black line, then two, then more, now about half of it is this way. I've pulled the panel and cleaned and checked all of the ribbon cables and connectors. On the back of the display are a bunch of bent metal tabs which look to make contact with ground pads on the display module. I gave each of these a small check with some pliers, no change. Time to order a replacement module from Epilog?

Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"

Before I would buy parts a call to epilog tech support would be on my agenda.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I contacted them. Their only suggestion was that I send the whole console section in for repair. According to them the display module isn't made any more, so it would need to be repaired. Scary...
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"

The 24/32 and 24/32TT uses the same display, as far as I can tell. The display on my 32 has gone out 3 times. They covered under under warranty once, since it was about a year from the last repair.

I've seen plenty of others with the same issue.

I just run it directly from the computer now. I press GO and then send the print job to the machine from the print menu.

Its not worth getting fixed, IMO.

A real shame. For being such an old engraver, the Legend 24/32 and Legend TTs are great. Fast, extremely durable servos, good synrad tubes. I'm still on an original 20 year tube.

The display is a real achilles heel on these machines.