Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing Slider Accessories...Show me what you do

Blog Entries
    You need more stuff.

First, and most important, a set of air clamps for the slider from Airtight Clamps. It will enhance the accuracy and versatility of your slider.
    Second, forget the Fritz and Franz, buy a set of parallel guides. I like the ones from Lamb Toolworks.
    Third, think about upgrading your fence to DRO. It's a game changer.

And yes, you have plenty of storage space to add these few accessories....

Mike

Blog Entries
    Lots of great ideas here guys and not just for sliders. Cab saw users who make aggressive use of that platform have a large amount of larger jigs and fixtures to store as well. I picked up a few ideas on this thread for that purpose. Thanks.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

So, thanks to your many ideas, I've begun putting things away. The parallel fence will probably just remain on the saw to the right of the blade the majority of the time. The perpendicular fence has found a home hanging on the wall. I've started a 24 x 24" cabinet to sit under the righthand side of the saw. It will have 4 drawers for storing the smaller accessories and whatever else needs a home. There should be room between this cabinet and the saw base to store larger jigs/fixtures vertically. When that is finished, I'll embark on the Fritz and Franz jig and start working on designing parallel guides. Since I still have access to a machine shop full of tools, I'll probably make my own. Mostly to prove I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    You need more stuff.

First, and most important, a set of air clamps for the slider from Airtight Clamps. It will enhance the accuracy and versatility of your slider.
    Second, forget the Fritz and Franz, buy a set of parallel guides. I like the ones from Lamb Toolworks.
    Third, think about upgrading your fence to DRO. It's a game changer.

And yes, you have plenty of storage space to add these few accessories....

Mike
    To a certain extent, the tool buying fanatic side of me agrees...but those things may require a winning lottery ticket, too, for many folks. Fritz and his buddy Franz looks pretty darn good in that respect!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I am short on wall space, so the extension table leans up against the planer and the crosscut fence sits on a couple of cleats extending from my bade rack. Other parts find a place on the lumber rack.
    DSC_0687[1].jpgDSC_0682[1].jpgDSC_0693[1].jpg

Air clamps are great, but pricy. You can make effective manual clamps easily enough.

I made a parallel gauge, but don't use it often. Fritz and Frans I use all the time- they just drop into the table groove.
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 07-24-2021 at 4:18 PM.

Air clamps can be diy for 1/3 of the price of buying them, still 1k when building one set at a time but worth every penny once you have them and use them

F&F still incredibly useful for small pieces, i use mine all the time…easy to build and virtually no cost.

parallel guide is really a must have as well if you want to utilize to the fullest potential and if you have 2 you can cut longer than your slide affords, i hafe the Felder version but Brians are really nice and really you could totally build one for much lower cost.

I Agreee about Fritz and Franz. It’s a quick setup for a lot of things especially when used with the rip fence.