Hello all.
I suggest, based on my recent experience, that you carefully check Grizzly's warranty.
I bought a Grizzly 24 bandsaw from a reseller (Max Tools).
I used the saw 5 minutes, shut it off to rethink my next step; bandsaw wouldn't start.
Lots of phone calls (endless wait time), many emails, and learned that Grizzly does not have tech service people in the field, That I have to determine what is wrong with the tool, and then if a part is needed it will be sent to me.
Unfortunately I lack the knowledge or equipment to to determine what is wrong, and any expense I undertake to learn what is wrong, is mine; Grizzly doesn't recompense.
Grizzly tells me that my only real recourse is to contact Max Tools (Grizzly is avoiding its responsibility in my opinion) but Max Tools phone number doesn't work, and they've not responded to email.
Grizzly tells me I can ship the tool to them for repair (crating is my responsibility. they'll pay for shipping), but 900 pounds is a bit of a challenge in this regard.
Oh, I didn't mention that the bandsaw base (sheet metal) is sufficiently out of true that I had a welder make a true channel iron base to which he welded the tool, to give me something I could shim level; this basically voided Grizzly's warranty according to them.
During the 5 minutes I used the saw it cut fine (though the factory blade is pretty poor). I bought a Lennox carbide tipped TriMaster blade for the saw (fabulous blades!) but haven't mounted it since the saw doesn't run.
I'm probably going to be looking for an alternate saw based on Grizzly's non-support.
Anybody want a 900 pound saw and excellent blade for $1500? Oh, some "assembly" may be needed......................
The Grizzly replaced my 20" Powermatic bandsaw that required the motor be pulled twice for TLC (of course after warranty), hence no more PM bandsaw for me.
All in all, a really rotten experience.
Stay well you all.
Felix