Thread: Speial Business Opportunity for Dale Thompson & Carl Eyman

Talking Speial Business Opportunity for Dale Thompson & Carl Eyman

(Others may take advantage as they see fit) I just returned from the grocery store and saw they were offering "fire starter sticks" being pieces of wood about 3/8" x 3/4" in cross section and 8" long. No smooth surfaces were necessary, no finish applied. The price $4.99 for 3 lbs. Dale, from what you keep saying in your posts these ought to be a piece of cake for either of us. Now let's talk about my commission.
    18th century nut --- Carl

I have actually been trying to get my local grocery store to buy these kits from me. I generate enough small stock that I could get rid of my scrap with it Alas, they have a supplier and don't want another...
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Actually you could offer cherry, maple, walnut scented ones and call them designer and charge $15.95 for a small bundle. I'm sure I could sell them around Washington, DC.

Otoh, my wife likes the fragrant little bundles that I bring up stairs from time to time. If I ever get a lathe, I'll find a more practical use for them.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Ahh yes I forgot about when I took a bunch of cedar for the campfire, it was great!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    Ahh yes I forgot about when I took a bunch of cedar for the campfire, it was great!
    Jeff, Don't forget that camping season is just around the corner. I've got a stash of cedar scraps already started. Maple is a nice burn as well!

I guess I really need to start working with more cedar! I don't have any laying around...

Do you know the christmas lights in the fire trick? Take old xmas lights that don't work and throw them in 4 foot chunks and they burn in pretty colors. It is due to the copper wiring, not the light bulbs.
    Jeff Sudmeier

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    I guess I really need to start working with more cedar! I don't have any laying around...

Do you know the christmas lights in the fire trick? Take old xmas lights that don't work and throw them in 4 foot chunks and they burn in pretty colors. It is due to the copper wiring, not the light bulbs.
    Plus, from the buzz you get from the plastic you save money on beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Nelson
    Plus, from the buzz you get from the plastic you save money on beer!
    Yeah I know I probably made the ozone hole 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000001% bigger, but the pretty colors were worth it! (They create no smoke )
    Jeff Sudmeier