Thread: Left over parts...Do you know where they belong...MiniMax SC 2C

Left over parts...Do you know where they belong...MiniMax SC 2C

Well, I assembled my saw today, but have left over pieces. I have 2 machined washers that measure 1.563" OD x .75" ID x .1565" thick. Also. I have the 2 nut assemblies which seem to fit into the fence extrusion.
    Resized_20210711_144430_2565.jpg

I've gone back thru the manual, but can't figure out where they belong. Can you please help? TIA

The washers "may" be related to the fence bar installation. The square pieces look like stops of some kind...were they shipping stops on the wagon you removed by any chance?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

No, Jim. These parts where all in with the tools in the Bag. I have the shipping stops for the wagon in a bag and labeled so if I ever need to transport the machine I have them.

This might be a really dumb question, but... Does your saw have a scoring blade? Could it be for that?

I have a Felder, but ...

Any chance they're stops for a cross cut fence? Mine has some similar pieces that get set so when the fence is referenced against one the scale is zeroed out with respect to the blade.

If nobody here can identify them...contact Sam Blasco.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Identity is easy, two washers and two stops.... No idea where to use them. If everything works right maybe they are just extra ? That has happened to me putting together new tools before. My Grizzly dust collector came with at least 20 extra bolts ,nuts and washers.

I spoke with the dealer I purchased from and they were unable to identify where they might go. I've sent Sam Blasco a PM, so hopefully he'll respond.

Lisa, been a while since I worked on an SC2 but I'm confident the T-nuts and allen screws are for something on the crosscut fence. I don't believe those washers are related to them. Possibly for the scoring arbor? If so, would have a 20mm ID on the center holes. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thank you Erik. I just checked the washers and you are 100% correct on them being for the scoring blade unit. I'll check the T-nuts in the fence later.

Your response demonstrates what a class act you are. The competitor, and you're willing to answermy questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Thank you Erik. I just checked the washers and you are 100% correct on them being for the scoring blade unit. I'll check the T-nuts in the fence later.

Your response demonstrates what a class act you are. The competitor, and you're willing to answermy questions.

Well said Lisa.