Thread: Today it arrives! My Minimax!

Today it arrives! My Minimax!

The day has arrived! My SC 2C shipped from Georgia a day early and came into the shipping docks I'm allowed to utilize on Tuesday. DH and I were out of town vacationing while all this was happening. Today we'll go pick it up on the trailer and move it into my shop. I'm apprehensive about removing it from the skid, but I usually expect things to be much harder than they turn out to be, so hopefully this will hold true. I'll post pics.

Good Deal!
    Enjoy your new Minimax and of course pictures are appreciated
    Ron

Congratulations, Lisa!

RE unloading from the pallet...levers are your friend. So are having a few other friends available to help.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I looked that saw up and it makes my mouth water! That's a nice looking piece of equipment with some great capabilities!
    I haven't gotten to that level of equipment yet but maybe one day I'll be upgrading to that level of sliding saw. I can hope!
    I'm looking forward to seeing pics...

...what a nice way to end the week and, once installed, to start next week!

Years of fun ahead of you.

Keep us posted,

Regards,

J.

Well, that was easy enough! We picked up the trailer from U-Haul at 8:30 this morning, drove 30 minutes west to load the machine and then 30 minutes southeast to get home. We set up the mason's planks and eased it into my shop with the help of 2 pieces of 2" PVC pipe and the 2 Jackson Bars. It is 11:30 and I'm ready to return the trailer to U-Haul after lunch.

Unload 1.jpg Unload 2.jpegUnload 3.jpg

Lisa you are going to love that saw. I used to own a 1980 's version of the same machine. A great small stoke slider ,if I would of had more room in my shop I would have kept it when I bought my bigger slider. Your new saw has some significant improvements to it from the one I owned ,the hand wheels for blade tilt and elevation is probably the biggest difference. Great choice, hope you really enjoy it .

What is that exactly - a table saw? **Never mind. Just googled it.
    Last edited by Chess Baloo; 07-10-2021 at 2:47 PM.

C’mon Lisa! Driving that on an open trailer? How many people followed you home to help?

Jack, It was still crated on the journey home, so no extra help found their way to my house. Actually, the setup for getting it into my shop worked so well that it only took my husband and I to get it in and off the skid. So....no oglers yet.