Thread: Amazing Sawstop Support and Humanity

Amazing Sawstop Support and Humanity

My Sawstop PCS 3.0 36” arrived about a month ago. During assembly I could not line up the extension table with the rest of the top. Gave a tech guy a brief explanation and he he immediately told me that he will immediately replace it via FedEx 2 day. FedEx did not deliver on time so tech support shipped me a second new table. A couple of days later 2 new tables show up via FedEx. Before I could call Sawstop for guidance re the now three tables in my possession, I took seriously ill and I have been hospitalized for tha last two weeks and will remain hospitalized for several more. Finally called SS for guidance re returning anything that they wanted back. Duncan, the tech guy said, “You have been though enough and we do not want to burden you any further. Keep all of the tables and convert them to coffee tables and we will close your case.” Yesterday, two hours after we spoke I received a personal note from Duncan wishing me a speedy recovery. Amazing. They not only make good machines but they also have kind hearts.

I hope you're feeling better soon and can get back into the shop to use the SawStop.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery too, Paul. And thanks for your equally humane post. Its good to be reminded of how far simple kindness goes to making our lives better.

That Sawstop agent showed good customer support in several ways!

Heal quickly and completely!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Get well soon Paul! Keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Wishing you a quick recovery!
    That’s great to hear about the people at SawStop! Both the customer service and humanity gives some hope that maybe the corner is turning on equipment vendors trends of almost universal poor customer service and quality degradation. I wish they made a bandsaw (and all other woodworking equipment for that matter).

Good customer support is a money maker for companies. As a Manuf Rep in the HVAC/P&H industry for 35 yrs I have seen companies wax and wane in this dept. It is such a pleasure to deal with a company that makes the very substantial investment in proper care for their products and their customers. The waning is generally caused by a new ceo who “bottom lines” everything to drive profits. Cut, cut, cut and Customer Service is frequently a target. The bottom line flourishes, the company is sold. That ceo has burnished his resume and is is off for new worlds to conquer. The new owners have to deal with the loss of reputation and business. A good reputation is like a cherry. When it is gone, it is gone. An excellent quality product can carry it for a while but the decline can be steep. I always enjoy dealing with the companies who make the investment in care. You pay for it, but it is a substantial part of the value proposition in a purchase. I have had a couple occasions to deal with SS. Most of them because I was a meathead, but they have been patient. Heck they didn’t even laugh at me. I have confidence in the product and the company and feel confident when I walk up to the saw. Well, sorta confident, but that is the meathead factor.
    Paul, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks to all for your good wishes. They are much appreciated.

May your doctors be competent and your nurses even more so.

I was going to say beautiful, but all nurses are beautiful.

Get well.

I hope you feel better soon Paul!

Thank you for sharing a positive experience. In our news cycle it seems all we get are negative stories; it’s nice to hear the positive!

I'm very sorry to hear of your illness. Though you will feel wiped for a few weeks after discharge, hopefully family, good friends, and your SawStop will provide the support you need for full recovery.

It is nice to read posts of kindness Paul. I hope your illness resolves as well as your saw stop problem did.