Thread: Graco TC Pro Handheld Airless

Thumbs up Graco TC Pro Handheld Airless

Guys this is kinda like a review I guess or my own opinion of the Graco TC Pro Handheld. While researching this before I purchase I watch alot of Youtubes and read lot of reviews which was a mix of why to buy and why not to buy this handheld. So I roll the dice and purchase the sprayer. This is my very first time to use it and I give it a big Thumbs UP Yea it cost lot of money for just handheld sprayer. But it fits my needs which is painting couple cabinet built ins and some crown molding and for repainting my kitchen cabinets. I divided up my kitchen cabinets into sections so that mentally I won't have nervous breakdown I tell ya what this will throw out some paint which the model I have is for latex paint without thinning. But it is that Emerald Paint which is a urethane, so maybe its little thinner than latex, first time for me and I like it. But it also comes at price which is about 40.00 qt which is another reason why I went with the handheld airless and not my Nova 395. But like all airless you really need to maintain 12" from surface which I got to close in area's and found some dang runs. And like airless you have to watch where you overlap your spray patterns, again more runs. But because this paint takes while to dry it has little time to level but I took brush anyway to help out. Then I went back over those areas with little squirt. Yea I wouldn't paint your BMW with it, but it is good for cabinets. I have to say that paint job makes me look good and like I been doing this for yrs. But I do wear glasses, we will see after I remove paper than look it over again without sweat in my eyes.
    So thumbs up so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great and nice color! Is the unit as easy to clean as advertised?
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

It is easy to clean but it does take some time. Instead cleaning liner I put it in trash and use another liner which fill with clean water then ran little through gun. It is better than having clean hose. The electric one was cheaper than battery power gun but no problem using one with power cord

Blog Entries
    I've had good and bad experiences with this gun and it's bigger brother (the 5 gallon version). it's good for putting down thick coats. I used airless for two pergolas (coating + stain), trim and doors (paint). Worked great, albeit it went thru a lot of material. It's easier to clean oil based than water based in my opinion, but nastier (obviously).

My bad experience was using this gun for enamel paint on an outdoor metal railing. It went on too thick for the enamel to cure without waiting days and applying a lot of heat. I would never use it for furniture finish.