Thread: Harbor Freight Screwdriver Sets

Harbor Freight Screwdriver Sets

Anyone bought one of their sets ? I know they are not like the old Craftsman sets, but for general use, are they good enough ?

Blog Entries
    It is always handy to have an inexpensive set of screwdrivers to keep in a vehicle or for rough work.

It is also pleasant to have a quality set (or two) for the finer work around the shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I like these. I find the handles comfortable and the tips seem to fit snugly in the screws. I haven't had an issues with durability. They are not my best screwdrivers but they are good for general use,

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piec...set-94607.htmlHF Srewdrivers.jpg
    Last edited by Mark Godlesky; 07-01-2021 at 2:28 AM. Reason: spelling

I have the same set Mark has and find them to be very good quality, especially for the price. My need for screwdrivers is casual. Were I a gunsmith or more of a metal tinkerer I might view things differently.

Left click my name for homepage link.

No experience with the HF set, but I have multiple brands of screwdrivers, from Snap On, Wiha, and others. I picked up a cheap set in Home Depot, and am surprised by their quality every time I pick one up. They occasionally put them on sale cheaper than this. The handles are second only to Wiha, and the tips are durable, and fit way beyond their price range.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Sc...0150/204663546

I must have 5 or 6 of the gray handled #2 Phillips HF screwdrivers floating around. They work great and are as good or better than my 30 year old Craftsman screwdrivers. For $10 you can't go wrong.

The LAST set of screwdrivers I ever bought, as in a full set....was by Stanley ...Fat Max. With the foam sleeved handles...

Have been Yard Sale-ing ever since..
    A Rehab day, all oiled up.JPG
    Kind of partial to these wood handled Irwins...
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use