Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SCM saw or Felder quivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Lee View Post
    ..The motor on the K590 is very interesting, it might start a trend?
    So, these DC motors have actually been in service in standard/classical machinery for some time. I think SCM was actually the first, since I can recall seeing it (technically, an "electrospindle") on their top end shaper back in 2012-ish. We use it on our high-end shaper and obviously, the K590. I imagine there is a cost premium for this, since you need more electronics to run an electro-spindle than a regular induction motor, but they are not really new to the industry. I think you will start seeing more and more DC motors in ww'ing applications as time goes on. For example, that new Harvey dust collector or the new Comatic power feeders, which are really nice.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Blog Entries
    the initial cost of the machine is high but when you spread that over the life of the machine then its quite ok - I cant remember how many times I bought machines with this justification lol

very nice machines there, love that chunkiness.
    This is it, buy once cry once is typically cheaper over a longer period of time.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    So, these DC motors have actually been in service in standard/classical machinery for some time. I think SCM was actually the first, since I can recall seeing it (technically, an "electrospindle") on their top end shaper back in 2012-ish. We use it on our high-end shaper and obviously, the K590. I imagine there is a cost premium for this, since you need more electronics to run an electro-spindle than a regular induction motor, but they are not really new to the industry. I think you will start seeing more and more DC motors in ww'ing applications as time goes on. For example, that new Harvey dust collector or the new Comatic power feeders, which are really nice.

Erik
    Thanks Erik for the clarification, this is the underside of my SCM spindle moulder, TI145EP, I ordered it with Electro-spindle, but it looks more like a standard induction motor...
    7.jpg

I have the Comatic feeder on my spindle moulder. they are very nice to use.
    10.jpg

Thanks Erik for the clarification, this is the underside of my SCM spindle moulder, TI145EP, I ordered it with Electro-spindle, but it looks more like a standard induction motor...
    Yes, that’s the standard motor. Unless things have changed, the electrospindle was only offered on the Invincible shaper with 2-way tilt.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep