Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post office does it again

Post office does it again

So I ordered an item off ebay, says 3 to 4 days delivery, 12 days go by and tracking still says Item is were it started still., Day 14 tracking says Item damaged, thats all it says. Couple more days go by and tracking says Item out for delivery. Ok Oboy , its damaged what am I going to get. Go out to mail box and theres no package in it, but there is a letter from the PO. I open the envelope and theres a piece of cardboard with a shipping label on it and a letter saying We Care, sorry but your package could not be delivered. I contract the seller told him what happened and I get no reply. I contact him again asking for him to please file a claim and refund my money, still no reply. I try to go thru ebays none delivery process but they keep telling me tracking says it was delivered. I got to the post office and ask them whats up with this, they say that the seller has to file the claim. I say the seller won't reply to me, most likely because he see's tracking says it was delivered . anyway this went on for a few more days, sendind emails to ebay, the seller ans the PO, NO JOY. So I finally think I'm out my money. I send a final email to the seller telling him He gets negative feedback for not replying to over 6 emails. Next day I have a refund for that item but what a hassle and all caused by the PO scanning that cardboard label saying they delivered the package .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I fear we are feeling the effects of the generations who were allowed to graduate from high school without being able to read well, speak well, or do long division :-(
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

WOW WOW !! are they kidding me. Just went to send a final email to the PO telling them what happened and to make sure not to scan damaged mail labels . Hit send and this is what I got.

post office.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

And the country moves along peacefully, and without a care.

Last week had a package depart OpaLoka Fl on Monday, headed to next destination. On Wednesday, it was back in OpaLoka. Why didn't they just keep it the first time they had it?

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I fear we are feeling the effects of the generations who were allowed to graduate from high school without being able to read well, speak well, or do long division :-(
    I fear you're right. And it's unlikely to improve in the short term at least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I fear you're right. And it's unlikely to improve in the short term at least.
    My recollection of my school days was sitting around the kitchen table doing homework with my brothers. It wasn't the school system checking up on us making sure the TV was off and our noses were in our books with our pens & pencils writing in our note books.

The education system can only do so much, the rest is up to the families.

Currently the Post Office is in turmoil from the top.

A person who has interests in a competitor to the Post Office is in charge.

What could possibly go wrong?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Post office has had problems for a long time. The Head Boss is always a big campaign donor, so he really needs a good paying job. The
    carriers will show him where the rest rooms and break rooms are. I still say the wanted posters need to go back up. If the interior
    decorators don’t like those then they should just call all the crooks in for make-overs , new suits ,and “glam shots”.

I’m 74 and in my entire life I cannot recall a single really bad issue with the USPS. Maybe a few things taking a little longer than expected. Presently, their tracking really doesn’t work well at all but hopefully will improve. I do agree the present postmaster general is not the best person for the job.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

There's no question the post office has problems but they all stem from congress. Originally congress created it to generate money. But then it became a case of getting too bloated. Sure way back when every town needed a post office but today that's not the case. I can get to 7 of them in less than 15 minutes. My mailing address is in a different town than my physical address because my town handed off people to a post office that didn't have very many. The pay isn't great so a lot of postal workers work overtime. In some cases they boost their salaries by over 50% every week. The current head of the PO has said that overtime has to stop so they can figure out how many people are really needed. Of course the PO is loosing money like crazy. No private company could ever be ran like it and survive. But nobody in congress wants to really fix it. Nor do they want to remove locations in their state.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    ...the PO is loosing money like crazy. No private company could ever be ran like it and survive.
    After 18 years in business, in 2020 Tesla finally made a profit. Just sayin'
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I was employed by the USPS for twenty one years as a rural mail carrier. I retired in 2008. I have seen the same lack of customer in the last few years. I think that they are trying to take service out of their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    After 18 years in business, in 2020 Tesla finally made a profit. Just sayin'

Just curious as to how much Tesla spent on research and envelopment to come up with the fine product they have today. Compared to what the Gov spent on trying to find ways to run the PO.LOL The PO will never turn a profit because they haven't a clue as to how to run a business. Just sayin
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

There's no question the post office has problems but they all stem from congress. Originally congress created it to generate money. But then it became a case of getting too bloated. Sure way back when every town needed a post office but today that's not the case. I can get to 7 of them in less than 15 minutes. My mailing address is in a different town than my physical address because my town handed off people to a post office that didn't have very many. The pay isn't great so a lot of postal workers work overtime. In some cases they boost their salaries by over 50% every week. The current head of the PO has said that overtime has to stop so they can figure out how many people are really needed. Of course the PO is loosing money like crazy. No private company could ever be ran like it and survive. But nobody in congress wants to really fix it. Nor do they want to remove locations in their state.
    I doubt that USPS employees are deciding on their own that they want to work overtime. They work overtime because overtime is available.

Blog Entries
    It would be interesting to see a credible source of the claim of the Post Office being created to generate money. Every historical reference in my experience seems to indicate the opposite was the case:

Most critically, the act subsidized the circulation of newspapers throughout the country on a nonpreferential basis and at extremely low cost. Not only pro-government ideas but also anti-government ideas could circulate throughout the length and breadth of the republic. Before 1792, newspapers had been officially excluded from the mail; after 1792, they circulated in numbers unmatched by any other country in the world.
    For James Madison, the low-cost nonpreferential circulation of newspapers was a political imperative. By helping Americans speak truth to power, House Speaker Jonathan Trumbull Jr. proclaimed the Postal Service “among the surest means of preventing the degeneracy of a free people.” President George Washington went so far as to propose unsuccessfully that every newspaper go in the mail free of charge. For the Founders, a well-informed citizenry, not profit-making for even letter delivery, was the reason the Postal Service was so crucial to the future of the republic.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...like-business/

Before this mail service wasn't available to all the people in all of the areas of the country.

As Brian posted, it is doubtful postal carriers can decide on their own to give themselves overtime.

In my former location, there were some areas in three different cities with the same Zip Code served from a Post Office formerly located in an unincorporated area. The Post Office was moved into a larger facility. If your mail has the proper Zip Code it probably doesn't matter what city you choose to write in your address.

There are actually two different villages or settlements between my location and the city a dozen miles away designated as my 'mail stop city.' There may actually be a Post Office closer to me in the next county.

Praise be to Google maps, the Post Office in the next town is 3/4 of a mile closer by way of back roads.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)