Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut table and chairs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Andrew you made some very nice chairs there. I really like the small, subtle S goin on in the back legs. Did you do the upholstery as well? And the 45 degree legs and the scarfed stretchers on the table work great. Nice tight joinery. Well done.
    Yes I did the seat cushions as well. I didn’t mention them because it’s was very frustrating experience. Not as easy one would think.
    Thanks Bill
    Aj

Andrew, the entire project is beautiful! Well done Sir!

What material did you use for the seat cushions?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Andrew, the entire project is beautiful! Well done Sir!

What material did you use for the seat cushions?
    Thanks Ken I used 1/2 plywood,2inch high density foam some synthetic fiber stuff and leather. The leather was a lucky find in color.
    Thanks Again
    Aj

Andrew, a job well done! A lot of work with notable results. I like the bent laminations - I have been doing tons of them lately. A couple questions...after resawing the wood did you use a wide belt sander or planer to smooth the laminations? Also, I would think you could bend walnut at 1/8 or a little thin to get the curve - any reason why you went with a fat 1/16 laminate? Once again, an impressive project.

Thanks mark part of the reason I went with 1/16+ is the curve and the glue saturation. My belief or non scientific theory is to get the glue to saturate the full thickness. I apply the glue liberally with paint roller and clamp the crap out of it.
    Trying and hoping to eliminate any thick glue lines that would creep in the future.
    For the most part I was able to get the laminations glue ready right from the saw with Resaw king blade on my Agazzani bandsaw.
    I did do some scraping on some laminates at the end of the blanks.
    Heres a look at the form and cleaned up leg.
    As seen in the photo I was eager to see that part of the bend first I couldn’t resist scraping away the glue there. The bend doesn’t seem like much in the photo but it really is a lot for 9 or 10 inches.
    Thanks Again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aj