Thread: Recommendations for truck wash sponge with extension pole

Recommendations for truck wash sponge with extension pole

My new Tundra stands taller and a bit wider than my old truck so I need some help to wash the roof and middle of the hood. There are a few products on Amazon that I could try like this one. But I thought I would ask the collective as I bet more than a few Creekers have had the same experience and can recommend a good solution.

Thanks for your help!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I have something similar to that. We use it preceded with a foam cannon, but for washing work vehicles that are really dirty, we use a brush on a long handle. I'll try to find a link. The thick foam from the cannon is good because it stays wet which gives you plenty of time to rub the whole vehicle, and seems to break down the dirt good by staying wet longer.

edited to add: not exactly this one, but very similar. Ours is on a five foot wooden handle. I don't like telescopic handles, unless they have click stops.

https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-93053...4817352&sr=8-5

It gets down in corners better than that synthetic mop.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 06-27-2021 at 3:09 PM.

I use(d) a car wash mop that has an extendable twist lock handle.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Platinum-...p-48/143622730

More importantly though - when my car was new, I gave it three coats of Torque Detail - a ceramic.

https://carcarereviews.net/?utm_sour...xoCdcUQAvD_BwE

The stuff is magic! After over two years of being parked outside - year round - water just slips off the finish the same as it did the day it was applied.
    I say I used(d) a mop because in those two plus years, I recall only having to soap up the car once. All the other times, all it took was a decent rain storm & the car shined like it came out of the show room.

My car is also a red body with a black roof - two of the hardest colors to keep looking nice.

I can't say enough good about the stuff.

I don't work for them & I'm not being paid by them - just a very satisfied customer. So much so that I don't mind the $72 it set me back to buy the three bottles I bought!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks for the tip on the Nexgen. Ordered some to use on Pam's new car.

Thanks guys. Thanks for the recommendstion on the ceramic spray. I was looking at NexGen a few weeks ago. Think I'll go for it.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

First - you're welcome about the ceramic.
    2nd - the stuff does such a great job, you might be tempted (as I was) to use it on cast iron tool surfaces.

Don't. I asked about silicone & got a round about answer that it did contain some.
    It's a pity because I did use some on the rails of my Drillmaster & it made a huge difference in how smooth it works.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

those light weight tubes attached to a hose weigh a ton when full of water. Same deal with a paint roller with a pump to supply paint up the tubular long handle.
    Bill D

I was taught to use sponges not mop things as they trap dirt. Most important is before anything use a pressure washer or we used the box store things where you put soap in and dial the number you want and soap it first then let it slide off then hose it down then go again with your wash method or use a foam cannon as it hangs more to pull stuff off. If you just go at it you are rubbing dirt around.

I havent tried any ceramic coatings, how do you remove them?

I havent tried any ceramic coatings, how do you remove them?
    Good question. I guess you just let them weather off - like wax. Why would you want to remove it though? If it's still doing the job & still looks great, I don't understand why it would need removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Good question. I guess you just let them weather off - like wax. Why would you want to remove it though? If it's still doing the job & still looks great, I don't understand why it would need removed?
    touch up paint? Or after a wreck full paint job?
    Bill

you have to strip to polish. The shine comes from removing fine scratches and polishing.

I cant speak for ceramic I still use carnuba stuff so wondered how you take it off. im used to strip then clay then go from there.