Thread: Stumpy Nubs on Dust Collection

Blog Entries

Stumpy Nubs on Dust Collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjI5...nel=StumpyNubs

Stumpy offers a lot of tips regarding dust collection in a 17 minute monologue. He is very well spoken and it good watch for those of you contemplating where to go with your dust collection improvements. It is sponsored by ClearView, but only at the end is that obvious. I don't agree with everything he says, but in general he does a good job. He clearly is a PVC duct fan and discounts HVAC steel duct which many of us have found works very well and offers 5" and 7" sizes, IMO helpful in properly sizing ducts for most 2-3 hp systems.
    NOW you tell me...

Ole -- I agree. When I was doing research into creating my own system, I found Stumpy's video to be very helpful. He discusses a number of concepts and does so in clear, understandable, language. Does he cover every topic? No. Does he explain every nuance of the topics he does address? No. It's only a 17 minute video! One that covered all the topics and explained all the nuances of each topic would be hours long.

Having said that, I found the video to be useful primarily for background information. For more specific information, I found the threads on this forum to be of greater help. There is a wealth of information here (a long with a healthy dose of chaff amongst the wheat). I was better able to understand what was presented here because of the background information Stumpy's video provided.
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona