Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canceled my Sirius XM subscriptions today

Got one word for you: "Podcast"

Honestly cannot remember the last time I actually wanted to listen to a radio channel.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Weird. I cancelled mine yesterday afternoon after many many years of satellite radio. Same experience, deep discounts to stay etc etc. I was selling my last car that a capable radio. They still wanted me to pay something like $6 a quarter to keep it “in case” I got another car with satellite.

Cable is next for me…….

Don't come up here in the dead zone. Lots of places where there's still no cell service to make a call. Streaming while driving would be hit or miss. The problem is that being rural there's not a lot of customers which means little to no investment to change it.

new world Odour way of doing business. Had to deal with Telephone and propane that way for many years. Telephone do the song and dance bill drops 40-50 percent. Propane company fought then threatened them bill dropped. Dirty company so fought their level. Then had other customers of theirs, friends of mine with them, got their bills lowered. one a lawyer had his bill cut in half and he had fought them already and got no where.

You are more captive with propane than a phone company as there is a tank in your yard from that company and you cant fill with another company unless you own the tank. Im not impressed with super rich companies that are that way from the start then more so with how they do business same time buying up endless other companies as their profits are so high.

The final story is always, "what do we have to do to keep you as a customer"

End result another company has about 15 new customers and thankful for all of them. Good prices good service.

I have a lot of CD's I've bought over the years. So I just downloaded all the songs I like onto my phone and they play thru my cars sound system. I have almost a 1000 songs on my phone. Plus when I want new stuff theres lots of free place to download songs and of course you can buy songs cheap also.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I have a lot of CD's I've bought over the years. So I just downloaded all the songs I like onto my phone and they play thru my cars sound system. I have almost a 1000 songs on my phone. Plus when I want new stuff theres lots of free place to download songs and of course you can buy songs cheap also.
    My music library has been handled similarly, although it's a bit larger. I've had to do some genre playlists to deal with available space on the phone, but fortunately, the system will just download from the cloud if "next up" isn't physically on the device.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Somebody asked me what my Favorite song was. I'm like come on, is it really possible to have a favorite song? Theres just so many great songs , so many different types of music . I listen to it all, I even listen to foreign music, you don't need to understand the words to appreciate the music.So I said I guess my fav song is the one I'm listening at the moment.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I agree with that Burt...with only a very few exceptions, I'll listen to any kind of music and my large library is chock full of all kinds of things. (There's a nice chunk of latino work from back when Apple gave away a lot of tunes for free download for example)
    --

I got it free for 3 months when I had my can in for service. At the end of the 3 months, they offered a year for $6.95. When that expired, they wanted full price. I told them I don't drive that much any more and they extended it for another year at $6.95.

I like listening to the BBC and a couple music stations. But if they won't continue the discount, I'll find the BBC on Android Auto.

New cars don't come with CD players anymore, since apparently only old folks buy CDs these days. I listen to the news and baseball, some talk shows, and occasionally old favorites via my iPhone. When I had free trials of Sirius, I pretty much only listened to the oldies channel, so saw no need to subscribe to the whole service.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Stan, I have even been having trouble finding a charity that will take nearly 500 nearly pristine CDs! Our two Subarus still do have CD players, but I've ripped everything to digital and really don't want to carry around hard media to use the CD player.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Stan, I have even been having trouble finding a charity that will take nearly 500 nearly pristine CDs! Our two Subarus still do have CD players, but I've ripped everything to digital and really don't want to carry around hard media to use the CD player.
    Your local Library might like them, old dvds too
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I convinced my wife to cancel her subscription after about 10 years. I got tired of the yearly dance to get a lower price. I think the lowest I got was around $60/year. We stream everything off the phone now. I don't know how that pay Howard Stern and Kevin Hart so much and stay in business. I guess some people don't know about the dance.