Thread: Edited post has not been saved.

Edited post has not been saved.

I created a post at about 6:57, edited it at 7:21, and again at 7:27 to repeat the first edit and added a few more edits. I saved both edits but neither edit registers in the current post. The edited post does show a time stamp corresponding to my edits. Is there a problem with saving edits?

Not to my knowledge.
    Did you click on the Save button at the bottom of your post?

You can edit till your heart's content for 24 hours.

That is odd. I did save it each time. And, I did know about the editing time limit which is why I mentioned the times at which the edits were saved. The last edited time stamp was updated so the system did recognize that the “save” button was depressed.

I have had another problem that might be related. A couple of times, I have composed a post and submitted it then gotten an error message that the post was too short. The program returns to the editing window but the window is empty. There is a “Restore auto-saved content” button at the bottom of the window which restores the content. Resubmitting usually works the second time. My idea is that the both instances involve content that gets lost between my computer and SMC. I wonder if my HughesNet latency is causing SMC to time out waiting for the upload to begin. I do not have any way to measure latency and I can do nothing to change it. I know it is a problem due to the high synchronous orbits for satellite communications. If there is a number SMC can tweak or a test you can try, I would appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    If you were using the mobile version, it probably deleted your message and and edits you did. I have had a problem when I edit posts using my tablet in the mobile version where it will delete the post completely when I click on post the changes.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The minimum post is ten characters for the original post. Edits are not character limited.
    I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with latency, we still have members who use phone line access to the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    If you were using the mobile version, it probably deleted your message and and edits you did. I have had a problem when I edit posts using my tablet in the mobile version where it will delete the post completely when I click on post the changes.
    That sounds similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The minimum post is ten characters for the original post. Edits are not character limited.
    I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with latency, we still have members who use phone line access to the Internet.
    The posts were more than 10 characters. I am never that succinct. Latency is different from bit rate. Latency is the pause between the server signaling it is ready for the upload and beginning to receive the data. I always confirm that a problem is repeatable before reporting it.

Try logging out, removing your SMC cookie, closing your browser completely (and maybe a reboot) and then re-login to SMC. The one time I had "weirdness" with posting like that, something got "stuck" and a clean login solved the wonkyness.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Try logging out, removing your SMC cookie, closing your browser completely (and maybe a reboot) and then re-login to SMC. The one time I had "weirdness" with posting like that, something got "stuck" and a clean login solved the wonkyness.
    I will try that.