Thread: What is the black pebbled material on drill press tables like the Woodpecker DP-Pro?

What is the black pebbled material on drill press tables like the Woodpecker DP-Pro?

Really like the finish on the Woodpecker DP-Pro drill press table. Feels like a rubbery, pebbled material applied to the surface of the baltic birch. Have search high and low for this stuff, can't figure out what it is. Have also seen variations of it (different colors) in various YouTube videos but no reference to the actual material. Anyone know what that stuff is? I've combed through WilsonArt laminate pics, doesn't seem to be that but am not sure.

According to this review "Mounted on top of this solid foundation is a 1″ thick plywood top, surfaced with Formica’s Microdot Laminate. It features tracks for the fence, replaceable sacrificial inserts and a cutout that allows the top to fit around the drill press column."
    https://toolguyd.com/woodpeckers-pro...-table-062020/

Thanks Doug, I went to Frost Hardwood in San Diego to get help with this, it’s Formica 909-MC to be exact. Picked up a 8x4 sheet for $44, also bought a sheet of same microdot pattern in gray. Have applied it to the tops on my One Minute Workshop-inspired planer/jointer Mobile cart. This stuff is great. Durable, easy to apply with contact cement, high visibility for dust remnants, looks sharp. Working on drawer faces next.

DF987F26-AD20-4C86-8C91-283CCDA73D1A.jpg06F355C8-3706-4E50-ADF0-568C60E3AA8A.jpgFD876AD6-EB7A-4FDF-9F9D-13DE7B2AB163.jpg

James.. Great info on the Laminate. Is the Black that you got the Matt or Gloss ? and do you have the Formica code for it ? I'm thinking it would be nice addition to my outfeed table