Thread: DeWalt DWP611 Compact Router Question

DeWalt DWP611 Compact Router Question

I have several of the 611s in the stable, and enjoy using them very much, especially with larger aftermarket sub-bases. However, the vinyl-protected rocker switches are a pain for those of us with numb or sore fingers. So I'd like to know if anyone here in the collective has successfully replaced the rocker switches with regular toggle switches, and if so, any learned tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Interesting that the DW611 doesn't have the same toggle switches that the DW618 that I own does. You might reach out to Dewalt (Stanley Black and Decker) and ask if that switch might be compatible.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good idea. Thanks

Toggle switches are generally quite a bit larger physically than equal rated slide or rocker switches because of the room needed for the pivot point and internal actuator. My guess is they went to the rocker because they didn't have room in the smaller router for a bigger switch.

You could cut off the vinyl, but then you will likely have dust get into the switch and cause early failure.

What about using a remote controlled outlet and plug the router into that? A foot switch would be another option but somehow that seems little dangerous for a tool like a router....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Thanks Paul. Good ideas both.

If you take it apart you may find the cover is not actually part of the switch. You should be able to go to one of the repair sites that sell parts for the router and see the parts breakout and see if the switch and cover are two different part numbers.

Power extension cable switched by foot

Perhaps you can use it with a switched power cable extension. You can find, included, power extension cable switched by foot.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    Perhaps you can use it with a switched power cable extension. You can find, included, power extension cable switched by foot.
    That's a good idea. Some people use their router with a foot switch.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thanks for all the good ideas, everyone.