Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sphere projects photos

Okay Robert, here ya go....ECEA4558-8A4D-4515-A67D-003D6B9F2C7F_1_201_a.jpg FC5DF5B9-3B5B-4998-AC95-6FEACC7E7E9C_1_201_a.jpg made this tower crane for my son to put in his office. What job did you work for six mo. in Tennessee?

Those are sharp looking wine stopper Maria...next time you pour epoxy try turning it as soon as it sets up, if it's still warm...okay, just so it's set. Try it

Thanks Lawrence. Hmm, I'm assuming 'just set' epoxy will react even worse than the not fully cured epoxy I've tried turning that basically melted under the heat of turning/sanding into a bit of a blob
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Alvarado View Post
    Thanks Lawrence. Hmm, I'm assuming 'just set' epoxy will react even worse than the not fully cured epoxy I've tried turning that basically melted under the heat of turning/sanding into a bit of a blob

Okay then
    I poured two inlays on the base of the Christmas Ornament Trees and it took forever to setup and I thought why wait till its hard?
    Maybe a carving density would work. I do remember after turning it being like someone tee-peed me and the lathe with plumbers Teflon Tape.

.D63F4A1C-8EE4-4F3D-A937-142C71DC353E_1_201_a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Alvarado View Post
    I really enjoyed reading the sphere series. I have used the octagon method before, (I think from a write-up by David Reed Smith). I need to try between cup centers. I'm adding a couple pix of partial spheres I turned last year as bottle stoppers using the octagon to begin with. They didn't get the 3rd axis, so they aren't perfect, but they were fun. Feeling inspired to try some real spheres!
    Attachment 461706Attachment 461707Attachment 461705

I made a few bottle stoppers too. I gave a couple to my daughter-in-law and at diner with them I opened a silverware drawer and one of the stoppers was rolling around (like a sphere) in the drawer. so...I thought they needed a place.

BB3D7D02-12BE-4B2E-B63C-4570DBE62694_1_201_a.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful stoppers, I like your ornaments too!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood