Until now I have been buying various hardwood species local and on-line here and there, first to get some stock in and then to add some different woods and take advantage of some discounts. The wood to date that has hung around a number of months before being used after I got it and for the past couple of years have had a accumulated few hundred bf always on hand.

Now though I am going through a couple hundred BF rather quickly of some species (every couple weeks) and not sure if I should worry about letting it sit. I just processed in a couple hundred bf of hard maple from a local wholesale source and really need to start using it next week if I can. The source is in Texas and they are in a large warehouse. The humidity in central Texas I don't consider that high by I think it runs on the high side of normal at 60ish and we have had an unusually wet May. Their warehouse is prob 40-50k large metal with a few loading dock bays. I know its all kiln dried and I know this place supplies a lot of the local cabinet shops and such. My shop is a 550' garage with a split AC and I keep my wood in a room in the house I have commandeered.

So far I have not locally sourced any exotics so I'm mostly talking about Hard Maple, Walnut, Cherry and Mahogany. Should I be letting it acclimate for more than a day or two? It does seem perfectly dry and having to do this really then means suddenly having to have hundreds of BF sitting as I go not to mention much more tedious sorting it all out.

Is this something any of you worry about? How do you handle the wood flow through in your shops?