Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This a SCAM?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Revenue Canada uses email to notify that you have new messages but if I recall they don't include a link, they just tell you to go to your account on their website. It's the inclusion of a link that made me think it was a scam.

Right thats why I thought its a scam. They should just say log into your account to check your messages, not put a link in
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    At some level of "Official" they might do that. For example they want to audit your taxes or you missed a court date, but considering the relative cost of texts vs snail mail not to mention the time frame being several days shorter, text messages are here to stay. It saves some of your tax dollars.
    I understand the cost savings of text messages and I don't have an issue with them. However, government agencies like the IRS have been telling us for years that they won't communicate via text message, email, or social media for any official communications.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    At some level of "Official" they might do that. For example they want to audit your taxes or you missed a court date, but considering the relative cost of texts vs snail mail not to mention the time frame being several days shorter, text messages are here to stay. It saves some of your tax dollars.
    I tend do agree, though I wish folks would check before they just assume they can text. I use a land line for the phone number I use if asked to enter it somewhere, and my wife tends to use her cell phone but has disabled text on if from so much spam. I don't remember ever being asked "is this number something we can send texts to?" when entering this phone number. I suppose I'm the one behind the times, but could they not just ask "please enter a number where we can send text messages?" if that's the intent?