Thread: Display cabinet on stand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Display cabinet on stand

Here is a recent project just completed. This cabinet is made from mahogany and measures approximately 5' 3" tall x 23" wide and about 13" deep. Its a variation of a design I did back in 1982. In addition to the glass door panels, there are glass side panels which allow for greater viewing of the contents displayed. The cabinet has two satin edged glass shelves resting on removable "Brusso" brass shelf pins with additional means to have a single, centrally located shelf. The stand's wood shelf has two removable planks which when inverted reveal hidden compartments with sliding lids.

The piece was originally being made for a high profile musician and I added the "secret" (yeah,,,I know...not any more) stash compartments as a bit of lagniappe. Finished with multiple coats of wipe on poly rubbed with Micro mesh between each coat and a final rub down with Renaissance wax

This piece was designed to have understated grain and a shape that would not compete with the pieces chosen to be displayed. There are no knobs or handles on the doors to interrupt the elegant simplicity of the piece. The doors are held shut with a high quality cabinet lock from a source in England (Fine Box Hardware). I usually purchase from box maker extraordinaire Andrew Crawford (Smartboxmaker.com) but he has been having quality control issues with his manufacturer and is currently out of stock.

Client suddenly decided he didn't have the room for the piece so it is now for sale.

Cheers,

Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images