Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel bench, now with tools

What a wonderful, functional chest. I enjoyed seeing your choice of tools given the limitations.

What a sweet little chest/bench! Indeed, it is perfect for travel - so now you need to travel with it. Make stuff around the campfire. Great little project. Thanks for posting - I;ll have to go check the build posts.

Thanks Derek, I did consider fitting a little chain that I have but in the end it would have intruded on the interior space that I didn’t have enough of. And yes we are of like mind. I do enjoy your work.

Thank you Justin.

Thanks Curt, already in use. On the dinning room table (yes I have a very understanding wife)

25D34796-3B99-4E69-AE8B-4D3544F75551.jpg

Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Fantastic work Jim. I like the flip up saw stop. And I would also love to see it with a chain vise Mine's going strong 5 years out.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Thanks Chris, I doubt you will ever wear out that chain on your leg vise. That style flip up stop was on another bench I saw but in an orientation for a push saw, I like the pull saws.
    so I have been using the bench for a couple of days now and love it. The leg vise holds like a champ.
    I need to put in the kit a small pair of scissors (I had to use a pair from the kitchen) and for out of the house use I need so have a small bottle of glue. Also some sandpaper. I think I can still fit that in. Maybe an empty hotel shampoo bottle refilled or a Visine bottle. Something to keep my eye out for.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ritter View Post
    Thanks Chris, I doubt you will ever wear out that chain on your leg vise. That style flip up stop was on another bench I saw but in an orientation for a push saw, I like the pull saws.
    so I have been using the bench for a couple of days now and love it. The leg vise holds like a champ.
    I need to put in the kit a small pair of scissors (I had to use a pair from the kitchen) and for out of the house use I need so have a small bottle of glue. Also some sandpaper. I think I can still fit that in. Maybe an empty hotel shampoo bottle refilled or a Visine bottle. Something to keep my eye out for.
    Jim
    Be sure to relabel the Visine bottle.

Love the bench. Such nice joinery.

Good point Thomas. Yes I would remove all trace of label no matter what bottle is used. Don’t want to get Gorilla Glue in my hair like that one lady, or the eyes for that matter. I’m more of an epoxy or yellow glue user myself.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service