I am building a white oak exterior Dutch door (36x80) that will have flat modern panels instead of raised panels. I’m in Southern California and the door is west facing with some cover but mostly exposed in the late afternoon and I’m a couple miles from the coast. From reading (too much, now I’m confused and overthinking), I have picked up on some modern “engineered” door construction style. I have laminated the stiles and rails dead flat and am now focused on the panels. I have read on a few threads that it is common to have separate back-to-back raised panels to combat the temperature difference from inside to outside. I get that the tendency to split from thermal expansion is higher on a 1.75” thick panel, but if my flat panel ends up being only 7/8”-1” thick, is it still necessary to have two floating panels, each 1/2” thick, or is that overkill and a single panel is sufficient? Should I still make two 1/2” panels, but epoxy them together? Plywood with 1/8” shop sawn veneer? Veneer is my least favorite option as my bandsaw isn’t fully set up to resaw yet and I already have the lumber to build either 1” panel or two 1/2” panels.