Thread: Bad Day in the Shop

Bad Day in the Shop

I am finishing up the Chinese Chippendale handrail on the shop porch. Yesterday, I had a bad day. Nothing serious or unfixable. I wound up with a few extra holes that will be covered and maybe a couple of pieces that are turned with the poorer face showing. Janicewhokeepsmehumble made me a sign. Thanks, J.
    EDF8A27D-E355-4572-8D6E-CE13ECE0DB20.jpg
    The handrail is going well. Two sections left to install.
    FE17CB0C-CA46-409D-9795-2DEC1073EA00.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!
    Tough material to expect zero blemishes.

Looks nice!

Thomas

Did you tell Janicewhokeepsmehumble to mind her own business?. Very attractive deck, nice job.

Thanks for the compliments. I like the way it looks too. A timber frame woodworking shop needs to have an upgraded handrail from 2x2 pickets. JWKMH and I went up to the shop after supper to sit on the porch. The shadow lines are fantastic in the raking evening light coming in through the trees.

The mistakes are a consequence of complexity. The panels start out with lots of symmetries. But, as you get closer to installation left/right, top/bottom, and front/back matter. Also, seven different screw sizes and types are used. Each screw has its own pilot bit and driver bit. Plus, I am old. I have to really concentrate.

I have a lot of process pictures for the Chinese Chippendale project thread. I may update that thread. I have problems uploading pictures and posts that others don’t have. I suspect it may something to do with speed or latency of my HughesNet internet connection.
    Last edited by Thomas Wilson; 06-15-2021 at 8:52 AM.

Beautiful railing!

I'd love to have someone give me little messages like that to help keep me focused. My wife, bless her, only sees the best of what I do & tactfully is blind to the blunders.