Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another table saw accident

I have the Infinity Tools version of the Colliflower tablesaw insert. I think this is demonstrated on the Infinity Tools website and I have used this method for initial cutting the ZCI's; i

Install the blade. make note of the position of the fence about 1/4" from the blade. With the blade all the way down, put the new, uncut ZCI in the table insert. Slide the saw fence to the pre-established position 1/4" away from where the blade will protrude and lock down. Power up the saw and very slowly raise the blade and cut the new ZCI slot.

I've done this for several different Dado widths and various kerf single blades. Sounds a little scary as the blade first contacts the ZCI.

Strange coincidence, but just renewed my FWW membership, and they sent along a link for about 30 pages of hints. One of them is "Slot a zero-clearance insert safely" which describes a similar technique that I use using a clamped down board, and also clamping down the fence with it sitting on the insert, which I forgot to mention.

I don't think I can just post a picture of that page, but it can be searched from FWW's website. It's from a Dec 1, 2010 article.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 06-18-2021 at 9:09 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.