Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Know You're Getting Old When…

Went to the Oakland muesum a decade ago and recognized lots of stuff on display. like the patio set from blue chip stamps etc.
    Do you look at the obits everyday to see how many are younger then you?
    Bill D

A friend of mine still has, stored in his garage after he borrowed it long ago, the Coleman pup tent my mom got me for my 13th birthday paid for with Raleigh coupons (which also came with the menthol BelAir's my folks smoked back then). And we had S&H Green Stamps and Gold Strike stamps at the grocery stores...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I still have an AM/FM radio I got with Blue Chip stamps back in the early 1960s. Not sure if it works anymore.

We still have a few plates from a grocery store promotion that used to be common back in those days. All the dinner plates finally cracked in the last few years but the smaller plates are still hanging in there.

Remember gas price wars? I remember when a full tank in my VW cost less than $2.50 at the high priced Standard/Chevron station. Now the same 10.5 gallon tank would cost over $30 to fill.

Remember when all the 'cool kids' would 'drag the main' or hang out at the drive ins like Mel's?

Then in the mid to late '60s it was hanging out in coffee shops and having a cappuccino or an espresso while discussing poetry and the latest novels.

Those were the days my friend… We thought they'd never end.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

Those were the days my friend… We thought they'd never end.

jtk
    "We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose
    We'd fight and never lose"

Thanks for bringing that song to mind
    Last edited by Mike Soaper; 06-16-2021 at 10:11 PM.
    Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland