Is a 17"~18" bandsaw really useful/necessary if you primarily use it for bowl blanks and the occasional log or can you get away with a 14" model and why?

I ask because I'm tempted to just spring for a larger machine than 14" but really want to know if I would get by long term with a 14" bandsaw.

I've been looking at the Grizzly G0513X2BF (17", 2hp, w/brake, $2K) which is available and in stock as a plan B to the Laguna 14bx ($1700) or 18bx ($2600) which are backordered until October '21! The Harvey 14" Ambassador runs about $1700 also. The Grizzly seems like a good value for the capacity. I definitely want a saw w/ a foot brake.

There are other machines I'd consider. I'd like to keep my budget at $2,500 or less. $1,500 would be even better but I would rather cry once, as they say, if it makes enough sense to do so.

My lathe has a 24" swing (and larger if I buy the extension at some point). I can source wood locally and partially prep for turning with my chainsaw, but, the 10" bandsaw I'm dealing with now just isn't hacking it. I stall it, it takes forever, and is small despite not a benchtop model. I need an upgrade. I have 220v power available.

I like the Laguna in part because of what I've read/seen about the ceramic guides working well for green wood vs bearings.

I'd like enough power and capacity within my budget to be able to mill turning stock and use for resawing to make small boxes, as well, but at least 80% of the saw's use will be making bowl and other turning blanks out of green wood and a small percentage of resin or hybrid blanks.

I'm open to recommendations and feedback, thanks in advance.