Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cant fit anymore machines into my shop

Blog Entries
    Great shop, Albert!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Great shop, Albert!

Thanks Brian!

Always room for improvement. I am hoping in a couple of years time I can replace all my second hand machines to new

Albert there is no way that I would replace machinery like you have just because it is not "new". Your collection of machinery is top notch now . I have a collection of real good stuff much of it older than the machines you have that I use full time to make my living. I find most of the machines work as good or better than newer ones and the only reason to upgrade is for something larger or more industrial if you actually need it.

time to add a basement!
    Bill D

Well golly Albert, I guess you will just have to make-do with what you have. Just kidding. Those are nice machines.
    Last edited by Thomas Wilson; 07-02-2021 at 7:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nice shop!
    Which bandsaw is that?

It's an older Italian-made 20" Sicar Top 6. They made some great machines, sad to see them go into receivership during the great recession.

I feel your pain.

I see a lot of space left in your shop, Albert! I'd show you my sardine can but I can't get in there to take a picture.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    I see a lot of space left in your shop, Albert! I'd show you my sardine can but I can't get in there to take a picture.
    Now I am very interested lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    Well golly Albert, I guess you will just have to make-do with what you have. Just kidding. Those are nice machines.
    thanks Thomas, I over flow onto the driveway whenever the shop door is opened....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Unfortunately residential 3ph in North America is pretty uncommon and probably not even an option in most areas.
    In my small community in KS a few years ago a friend tried to get permitted for 3PH in his garage, which sits on 1.5 acres. The planning commission, or whoever it is that approves such things, made a HUGE deal out of what he was going to do and whether it was appropriate to do in a residential community. I believe he had scored a 24" planer at a military base that was no longer being used.

So yeah, it's rare and comes with the association of being only something that large scale manufacturing (which would also be governed very differently) would need.

Nice shop, Albert. That SCM moulder is incredibly impressive. Never seen anything like it.

I only briefly inquired about the power company here bringing in 3-ph power. After an astronomical guess for price from them, I bought a Phase Perfect and have been extremely happy since, with no issues. And also pretty cool that my solar panels are producing the power that gets converted to 3-ph here.

Is electrical power expensive in New Zealand? I have a good friend who spent a year there practicing as a physician. He often mentioned how incredibly expensive many items were, due to shipping. And that was pre-pandemic.

Still trying to get to your beautiful country. I made it as far as Auckland's airport once on a connecting flight. Totally doesn't count.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.