Thread: G0623X Question

G0623X Question

I recently obtained this (title line) model Grizzly and had to move it from 5 hrs away. I was not in the room when the sliding table was removed unfortunately. I'm not sure if the four sliding table leveling screws were adjusted/changed during disassembly. I know at least one was changed. The sliding table now sits ~1/8" below the main cast iron deck of the saw. Should the sliding table be level with the deck or set above/below the table deck?

I would appreciate a measurement, please. TIA!

It should be slightly above the saw table. Not sure on the actual amount but someone will chime in here who knows. It will be in the thousands of an inch realm somewhere. Why don't you contact Grizzly ,one of their techs should be able to help.

Yes the sliding table should be slightly above the cast iron table, so your lumber doesn't get hung up on the cast iron as it's sliding. That's how it comes from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    It should be slightly above the saw table. Not sure on the actual amount but someone will chime in here who knows. It will be in the thousands of an inch realm somewhere. Why don't you contact Grizzly ,one of their techs should be able to help.
    Will do. Thanks. Hard to get to phone during business hours...and I'm retired 2Xs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Lang View Post
    Yes the sliding table should be slightly above the cast iron table, so your lumber doesn't get hung up on the cast iron as it's sliding. That's how it comes from the factory.
    That was my thought.

8-10 thou above the cast is my preference some may say that's too much but works for me, you need to make sure the Cast top is perfectly flat with no twist (use a machinist level) or you will be chasing that measurement. Then make sure the blade is 90 to the cast and then set the slider making sure you stay coplaner with the cast iron. I do it with three dial gauges, on on either end of the cast touching the inboard side of the slider then one in the center (where the arbor is) to the outboard side (this is the check for the coplaner). You also need to have the slider toe out about 1-2 thou over 12"....
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 06-10-2021 at 8:37 AM.