Thread: Epilog Mini problems with Set Home, y-axis zero

Epilog Mini problems with Set Home, y-axis zero

Hello,

I've been using an Epilog Mini 45W (model 8000) engraver for several years with no serious problems, until now.

1. jobs were printing above the top edge of the paper. Y-axis zero was off by 0.405 inches. I recalibrated the y-axis home (pressing STOP + any key). It was set to -043, but I needed to move +405 counts. The max allowed is +200, so it is still 0.162 inches too low (with respect to the rear left corner of the table). Not a huge problem, but I'd like to understand it
    2. Bigger problem is I can't do center-center jobs (where you choose a temporary new home position by dragging the X & Y carriages. For example etching on a specific area of the work piece). When I press "set home", the laser head moves back to home every time. I can get around it by putting the etching work where I need it to go on the Corel file.

I have the latest firmware, 1.0.3.0
    Rebooting doesn't help.

Epilog tech support are recommending a new control board for $680 (after $400 core refund)

Anyone seen these, and what was the solution?

Thank you

I know zilch about Epilog machines, but regardless of the machine:
    if you can't move a zero point enough in the software, then you need to move some hardware- which would be either or all of these: the top rulers, side rulers, the limit switches or the limit switch triggers...

I'm having a similar problem with my Gravograph LS100 point -n- shoot, no matter what I try I cannot get the red dot to point exactly where the laser fires, or vice versa. Best I can get is red dot y=y perfect, but x=x +.025". Can't fix it in the software, and even adjusting the LED light itself physically doesn't work. I could possibly get it all to line up by moving the X limit switch or it's trigger but the way this machine is built it would be a bit complicated at best... I've just gotten used to it out of frustration, I've gotten pretty good at deducting .025 from what the display says

Your numbers are quite a bit farther off than mine...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle