Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

7 June 2021

Greetings,
    Been a busy week for me. I started another project in the shop, iPad charging station for up to 8 iPads per station. I'm building 3 stations. Our church has the need to charge up to 16 iPad mini's at any giving time. This will allow them to charge and keep them stored there until they are needed. Spent time going over things for moving forward with things at the day job as well as planning more for setting up a small woodworking business. I'm oncall this week, so we'll see how this goes.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I finally got around to installing the new router table and lift I purchased a while ago that was supposed to be a pandemic project. No room for a separate table so I utilize the end of the table saw. My prior set up was junk so I ordered a Jessem table top and Mast-R-Lift. Table didn't quite fit the opening so I utilized some scrap mahogany to "frame" it in place. Turned out better than I expected. It's dead flat with the rest of the TS, the fence slides perfectly over it, and I can't wait to actually use it.

20210606_124727.jpg
    A wannabe woodworker!

I hope the planning goes well, Dennis!

THis past week was indeed "more of the same". Took 1200 lbs of off-cuts, shorts and other "wood product" materials to the local recycling center, mostly from the upstairs of the old shop building. It was painful to discard my "shorts" collection for the most part, but necessary. I have no way of storing all that stuff. But I did keep the exotics and a few other things worthy of finding some place to keep them for a bit until a new shop building can get up. I prepared my drum sander for moving to the temp shop...rather than keeping it on its own independent mobile base, it's going to live on top of the cabinet that has my OSS on a lift up/out. Most previously, a big combo sander was parked on top of that, but the whole cabinet was originally used for the first drum sander I had years ago. As noted in my temp shop thread in Workshops, I have come up with a preliminary layout to shoehorn my activities into which was necessary to help plan for things like power. I should have my permit for the sub-panel soon and once that's in place, I can get serious about circuits and then moving the heavy equipment. Most of my lighting has been transferred to the temp shop and wow...what a difference!

I don't know who much I'll do this week around the shop move/clean-out because the weather is no conducive to working in the upstairs area, but I may get some things done. I do have the new jack-shaft garage door opener going in here at the new place on Thursday which also clears the way for some of the electrical work I need to do out there. Given it's really hot and humid outside, I'm hoping to get a lot of things finally unpacked and put away inside the new house that have been neglected by other priorities, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I finally got the doors installed on my office built-ins. All that remains before I can cross that project off as finished are 4 drawer fronts, two tall skinny niche doors, and some crown molding for around the tops of the built-ins.

Meanwhile, making reasonable progress on designing the new kitchen.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--