Thread: Blum waste bin guide set failing after 4-5 years

Blum waste bin guide set failing after 4-5 years

I have these on the waste drawer in a base cabinet. It holds two trash cans, one for trash and we use the other to hold paper for recycling. Now it's model 569F533 looks like newer is 769R533 and this may have been superseded, but the existing problem is they will not close the drawer all the way. When you push it closed it leaves @ 3/8-1/2 sticking out. It will close when you push on it, but not on it's own like it should/did. I made sure nothing is restricting the movement. They won't even close all the way with the trash cans out of the drawer. Called Blum, they want me to replace them and send them the old ones for inspection, but this seems like a waste of time and money. Anyone else had this problem, is there a different brand that would fit that would hold up better? I don't want to have to replace these every 4-5 years as I age.

Thanks for any help.

Brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Thanks I will give it a shot. Don't think they will send them without me returning the existing since this is considered movento now. Brian
    Last edited by Brian Runau; 06-06-2021 at 3:52 PM.
    Brian

You almost always have To jump through hoops for warranty claims.

undermounT slides are not the best design for trash drawers, especially if they are mounTed at the bottom of the assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    You almost always have To jump through hoops for warranty claims.

undermounT slides are not the best design for trash drawers, especially if they are mounTed at the bottom of the assembly.

Any suggestion on a heavier weight brand? thanks brian
    Brian

These:

https://www.accuride.com/en-us/produ...non-disconnect

and redesign the drawer so the slides are mounted closer to the can’s opening.

like this :

A7B5B051-C92A-40A3-9C49-FF48D97E66F9.jpeg

you could also just purchase a ready made solution like the pic - it’s from Halio out of Germany.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 06-07-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Dave:

I could take the drawer front off the existing and adapt it to this. Let me ponder. thanks brian
    Brian

Blum in essence has no warranty on their product. I would have to return these cost me $12 to send them back. If, if it is warranty then cost me $12 to have them process the warranty replacement all this for a $40 set of guides. Good thing I don't buy their product for what I build. Brian
    Brian

Brian , your statement simply isn’t factual.

How much do you think shipping cost for a pair of slides ?

I’ll bet all of your other insurance policies also have a deductible.

What slide maker has a better warranty in your view ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Brian , your statement simply isn’t factual.

How much do you think shipping cost for a pair of slides ?

I’ll bet all of your other insurance policies also have a deductible.

What slide maker has a better warranty in your view ?

Dave: This is not insurance, it is a warranty. You are comparing apples and oranges. Would cost me $12 to return and $12 to get the new ones if they approved the warranty; which I suspect they would not. As a Product Manager and Purchasing Manager I set up guidelines that we would not even mess with anything less than $35, probably should have been higher, we would just issue credit or write it off the books. Cost the company more than that in time spent messing with it after you have receiving, the customer, mgt involved..... I have no idea on other warranties, never had one of the other brand I use on my own items I make fail like this. Brian
    Brian

Easy enough to make one of these as I'd done for my kitchen. Side-mount slides are the best way to go, just make sure they're over-travel so the rear bin clears the cabinet when you go to take it out.
    https://accuride.com/en-us/products/...r-travel-slide

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Easy enough to make one of these as I'd done for my kitchen. Side-mount slides are the best way to go, just make sure they're over-travel so the rear bin clears the cabinet when you go to take it out.
    https://accuride.com/en-us/products/...r-travel-slide

Thanks peter
    Brian

Brian , what exactly do you think a warranty is ?

It's an expression of confidence on the manufacturer's part and a defacto insurance policy on the part of the purchaser. Now we can debate the semantics of the words all day long, but the real world workings are just as I've laid them out. Even if you disagree, tell us what product you have that has a warranty for which the company just delivers you a new widget to your house or office for absolutely no cost when you call them and or send a pic of the broken widget? They're just supposed to take your word that the widget is defective ? And why are you assuming you'll bear the cost of the return shipping from NC ?

Can you say with certainty that you or the other users played no part in the runner failing ? Meaning, are the runners devoid of foreign matter , trash, and grit that would prematurely wear out the runners ? And are you certain something didn't get in there and damage the return springs, clips , softcloser, ect... and then get pushed out afterwards ?

Also, if you'd have bought these locally from a distributor, they'd almost certainly just hand you a new pair in exchange for the "defective" ones when you brought them to the counter. For which you'd still be out gas money and your time , so still not a free warranty replacement.

Look, I'm sorry you're unhappy with the slides, but this is more a problem with the guy in the mirror than some failing on Blum's part. By all means don't use them if the make you unhappy or their practices don't conform to your views of how the world should operate. Chance are though, that undermount slides from Grass, Accuride, Hettich, Salice , or anyone else will last about the same amount of time in your specific application.

Better check their warranty mice type before you buy though.