Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I bother a math wizard for a calculation ?

Can I bother a math wizard for a calculation ?

I was fine with simple Siphering, when it came to if two cars are travelling at 100k and one has drag from a bad wheel bearing and and and then id rather go ride my motorcycle.

Working seven days a week for months to get my families home ready to be sold, The lot is the largest in the area which translates to more being allowed to go on the property. PLus it has mature trees, privacy and a view so its special. Ive looked at 100 listings with postage size lots or lots where you are viewed by people both sides and behind and that is the norm. Ive told real estate already after viewing 100 listings its the largest lot and most recent sales 120 deep was the average some were less.

This is from the survey and id like to calculate square feet. Anyone up to that? if not all fine realize its someones time.

Friend said I need Pie, I said apple or blue berry?

Thanks in advance

1025.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 06-05-2021 at 12:14 PM.

I would volunteer to do it the old fashioned way, but there are all sorts of handy, online calculators, that do the work for you.

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1322718508

Just this week, I used this one for building a cupola pyramid roof:

https://www.blocklayer.com/pyramid-calculator.aspx

50x188= 9400 sq ft.

50 x 15 x 52 triangle = 374 sq ft.

approximately 9776.5 sf

The error being doing inch to decimal conversions in my head, which doesn't work so well). I used an online trapezoid area calculator. You could also make it into a rectangle and triangle for easy hand calculation.

You can get the exact square footage and other statistics from the local jurisdiction by providing the identifying number for the property/parcel. You want the recorded number because that's what's generally required for the listing. Be sure to pick up the zoning classification, too. The local jurisdictions may even have this information online in county mapping, etc...that's available to me here and I've used it to setup my preliminary drawings for the future shop building options

For listing valuation, a good, experienced Realtor can take comparable scales and adjust for property size, potential, etc. Given the current market, you absolutely do not want to undershoot the initial ask and will hopefully get well above it, depending on the state of the local real estate feeding frenzy where the property is located.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 06-05-2021 at 1:40 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

thanks have an agent friend with 45 years experience, in the office at 12. Developer and manages over 20 properties. Thanks on the city thing had been told that on another aspect and you are right things have to be exact

Ive saved over 100 sales in the area plus all photos inside. I wanted to see how all do renos and those photos have tons of info to me. Most stuff now going for at least 200k over asking from the last stuff I looked at then depends on who is doing the listing, I think that under listing crap has stopped or slowed down. Its close to schools of diff types and the newest state of the art hospital. Main thing to me is the lot.

Thanks on the calculation info as well

P1460444A.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 06-05-2021 at 2:51 PM.

My CAD program calculated 9,778.125 FT²
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

Regardless of what you think your home and property are valued at, it’s really up to the market and the realtor to price it, and buyers to give you their offer. If it’s priced too high, it just won’t sell.

Though, the market is crazy right now. And what do I know!

I would just round it off to 50x200 and assume it had 90 degree corners. so 10,000 square feet give or take. The trig is going to be difficult since you do not have 90 degree corners.
    Are there any zoning restrictions that change at 10,000 square feet? If not 10,00 is good enough
    Bill D
    I just realized it is a trapazoid(maybe), if the long sides are parallel which is doubtful to me, but we do not know the back length or angles involved.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-05-2021 at 7:57 PM.

My math:

50' x 187.833' = 9391.65 sq ft for the 'easy' part.

triangle:
    side 1 = 203.291' - 187.833' = 15.548' --
    side 2 = 50'
    side 3 = 52.291'
    total linear feet: 117.839'

117.839 / 4 = 29.437'

29.437 squared = 866.537 sq ft for the triangle

866.537 + 9391.65 =

total square feet...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Hmm.
    Looks suspiciously like the backyard from Poltergeist.

Blog Entries
    Do it the easy way.
    Do the rectangle 50" x 187.833 = 9391.65 (previous post)
    Now the triangle. Sense it is a right triangle.
    Base times height 50 x15.548 (yes that is a rectangle,) now divide by two.
    Same answer and can be gotten close to in the head.

Howard Garner

9778.13sqft Rectangle plus triangle. Assuming 90° for the rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I would just round it off to 50x200 and assume it had 90 degree corners. so 10,000 square feet give or take. The trig is going to be difficult since you do not have 90 degree corners.
    Are there any zoning restrictions that change at 10,000 square feet? If not 10,00 is good enough
    Bill D
    I just realized it is a trapazoid(maybe), if the long sides are parallel which is doubtful to me, but we do not know the back length or angles involved.
    For general conversation, 10K square feet (quarter acre) is fine. But for a real estate listing...it has to match the number in the official records.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...